Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just updated to 4.2.0 on iOS and the widget is blank, just black background. Tried re-adding the widget, small and large version to no avail. App seems ok with new interior view for climate etc.
try removing and reinstalling the app maybe? usually works for me when an app gets messed up, don't forget you'll need a keycard handy as it will remove your phone key

Reactions: OnTheEdge
A potential cosmetic issue with v4.2.0 (iOS 15) and the new scheduled charge time functionality when used with 2021.36.5. Hopefully its just an app display issue - it looks like that but only a scheduled charge will confirm. First reported in 2021.36 thread

I have found an issue with those though in schedule charging times - hopefully cosmetic. Even so, many will find this a long requested useful feature.

iOS 15, app v4.2.0. We have a 12:30 scheduled start time. The main app screen displays this as 12:00 (so 30 minutes early). When going into the controls and spinning the time, the scheduled time updates correctly, then after a few seconds, reverts to 12:00. I think it is cosmetic as when sitting in the car, scheduled start time remains correct at 12:30 and when scrolling minutes through the app (15 minute steps), the car scheduled display updates to reflect the correct time even though the app reverts back to 12:00. I've not tried to see if it is just incorrectly showing the minutes, if if a similar issue affects hours too.

View attachment 723177 View attachment 723178 View attachment 723179

But hopefully just cosmetic

View attachment 723180

Just noticed that when putting car on defrost, it turns on the passenger heated seat and steering wheel.
At least you managed to find the button. I wanted to put the heated rear screen on remotely this morning and couldn't find the control (used WatchApp for Tesla instead). Just discovered that I must swipe up when viewing the Climate Controls on the Tesla app. Don't understand why they decided to hide that.

At least you managed to find the button. I wanted to put the heated rear screen on remotely this morning and couldn't find the control (used WatchApp for Tesla instead). Just discovered that I must swipe up when viewing the Climate Controls on the Tesla app. Don't understand why they decided to hide that.
Makes no sense does it, swipe up for 1 more button when there's plenty of room on the screen anyway.

And where has the steering wheel button gone? Sure it was there before.

Nope. I checked when I installed the latest firmware at lunchtime and its still doing it even though everything in step.

Not checked large widget and unlock/close charge port confusion but I've not seen many mention that one and its not consistent when it occurs - think it occurs soon after a scheduled charge has completed.

Not checked large widget and unlock/close charge port confusion but I've not seen many mention that one and its not consistent when it occurs - think it occurs soon after a scheduled charge has completed.
Not fixed. Charge button on big widget still wants to close charge port and not unlock it. App dashboard screen offering unlock so that’s a sensible option but not big widget - same as per earlier versions so nothing changed.

1635486065922.jpeg

Also, looking back at earlier version screen shot (below) looks like dashboard options have changed - other than recent addition of charge rate. Newer version does not appear to be offering summon - presumably as car is plugged in. Need to double check in app and not just rely on screen shots.

1635486554555.jpeg

Viewing live and not being able to see Sentry events is completely the wrong way round.

If I'm out somewhere I want the phone to ping me about any sentry events and then be able to view them. That way I know if I need to get back to the car asap.

Why would I want to sit watching a live stream of nothing happening?!!
The live view might be handy if your alarm was triggered, but agree being able to see the sentry events would be sensible too.

Reactions: Nick77
Not sure why they can't enable both. If you can stream a live feed, then you can stream a saved video file.

Or you should be able to.
There were resources in a previous version of the app that supported both viewing a live stream and recorded clips, but for some reason the clips viewing has been dropped. I guess for some reason the clips are more challenging - I still find the clip viewer in the car quite glitchy. Hopefully the app will do both in a future update.

Reactions: Adopado and Nick77