TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK Tesla Club for 2013 onwards?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dan43, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

It is early days for the Tesla but a few Roadster owners and eventual new Model S and Model X owners would perhaps like to meet up. Nissan Leaf are doing a good job promoting their meets so just testing the waters for a Tesla related option?

Perhaps there is one already?

Goodwood Breakfast Club, other meets could be arranged, even if only once or twice a year. The SoCal Greenspeed Tesla LA club have their meets, why not a UK related option now and then?

Not sure how many UK Roadster owners are out there but happy to start a simple website to see the possibility? Might be that those that do have the Roadster are looking to go Model S, or keep both, just be good to see who is doing what and to pass any tips around to TMC etc.

Dipping a toe in the water,
    Regards
    Dan43

2. eugenel

eugenel Member

I'd be up for (say) an annual meeting someplace scenic. How about at my gliding club, where we could then do a Tesla-owner gliding day as an activity, then head off to a country pub for a meal?

Eugene

3. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Sounds good, will try to get some UK interest going for the UK side of things. It is a bit quiet but we don't have much going on. Just saw the UK Tesla site has removed the Roadster from its site for buying.

- - - Updated - - -

Going through my mind that I really would like a Roadster, it does seem though the UK pricing for used examples is still strong, the US market seems to be around $70,000-$90,000.
    Just can't keep away though from the EV itch. Our Model S units are not due for a while, early 2014 at best.
    Dan43

4. Dan43

Dan43 Member

5. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

lots of UK based events later in the year... twitter in probably the best way to keep in touch @zerocarbonworld

6. Dan43

Dan43 Member

lots of UK based events later in the year... twitter in probably the best way to keep in touch @zerocarbonworld

Thanks Kevin, just looked at their website also, good to see UK increased movement in EV/ZEV.
    Dan43 UK Cotswolds

7. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Not sure really if anything will get any traction until Model S and X volumes hit the UK, not enough of us around and most Roadster owners are keeping things quiet a little bit.
    See some Roadsters bought by individuals and Companies as Company car purchases (100% UK write down) and I know of one Model S in the UK as an imported LHD model ( a Company CEO it seems)
    Wonder if the Tesla brand will gain any UK market traction or if it does how long it could take?
    Best
    Dan43

8. Alan

Alan Member

Gliding clubs idea sounds good to me. Always wanted to try that!

9. eugenel

eugenel Member

Well, if enough people hold their hand up, then I'd be delighted to organise this. The Cotswolds offers lots of other diversions for passengers unwilling to be flung into the air ...

Eugene

10. Dan43

Dan43 Member

I am based in the Cotswolds and would help also, just to meet up and discuss and help fling people in the air. Any possible takers? The weather is getting better now also Prescott Hillclimbs are a good meet?
    Dan43

11. Alan

Alan Member

One person holding their hand up!

12. AndrewBissell

AndrewBissell Member

And another - Roadster owner in Edinburgh (sadly only one in Scotland).

Have driven as far south as Goodwood but would prefer somewhat further north - Cotswolds sounds better

13. eugenel

eugenel Member

OK. Sorry, been away for a week of white-knuckle gliding in the Alps (see below).

1-20130710.131812.001.jpg

In terms of gliding options, would you be looking for:

A. a single winch-launched trial flight (very exciting launch followed by 8-10mins of flight)
    B. multiple flights
    C. a whole day of instructional flights

Tuesday or Thursday evening flying is available, weekdays or weekends are possible (although I'd have to check?) Good flying is to be had until the end of September.

If people are coming a long distance, then I can research local accommodation with the potential for overnight charging. There's an excellent local pub/inn called the Crown in Frampton Mansell, for post-flight drinks and meals. http://www.thecrowninn-cotswolds.co.uk/

The gliding club itself is http://www.cotswoldgliding.co.uk/