Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla Model X Order Process Started

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Has anyone else got their invite to order their UK model X, mine landed first thing Saturday morning.

A pretty well loaded model X came to £122,000 - which is a lot, but I'm assuming I get £4,500 off that?

So, my spec was:

P90D - Ludicrous
Midnight Silver - 20" alloys for comfort
Black headliner, black leather seats
Autopilot, Premium Pack thingy, winter pack.

I'm not doing anything till after the brexit vote though!

Also I'm going to insist that a loaded model S turns up at my house so I can see if it will 'summon' into my carport which is 100 inches wide??

Interested to hear other peoples views

Cheers

Jon

Hi All - this is my first post after lurking for a few months!

I reserved my X on 11th December '15, went to meet model X in April, and also got my invite to order first thing Saturday morning.

Have to say pricing was higher than expected (about £7-8k on the 90D i spec'd).
I ordered straight away as have been playing with the US design studio for a while and thought I knew what I wanted - I have until the 24th June to change (referendum results day).

Now the doubts are creeping in about whether to get the 75D. My Tesla sales rep said the 75D should be more than adequate around town, and there shouldn't be a delay in receiving the 75D over the 90's as per the US. I just don't want to miss out on the power. Also disappointed the 90D's are now being shipped with the fixed spoiler instead of the active. I'm also thinking with the 100D potentially coming out soon it'll make the 90D redundant, whereas the 75D is relatively new. Unless the 90D is actually a 100D and there'll be a OTA update.......

Be good to hear other UK owners thoughts.

FWIW I think:

Larger battery will go further, obviously, but how often might you need that?

Larger battery should super-charge faster (pro-rata based on Capacity), although I have seen in one of Bjørn's videos that an 85 charged faster than a 90.

Larger battery means that after some years, and some degradation, there is still enough capacity

Second-hand value, or relative ease of making a sale, might be better for the larger battery size - e.g. if there is a 100, or a 120 ... or whatever, by then, then a 90 will be closer, in capacity, than a 75.

there shouldn't be a delay in receiving the 75D over the 90's as per the US

In the past Tesla, after a new launch, have built the higher-value vehicles first, and customers ordering lower-spec vehicles have had to wait (longer).