Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to test drive a Model S at West Drayton. Does anyone have any experience of this? They have given me a date and time. However I am unsure how the insurance situation works. Do I need to get temporary car insurance cover (i'm currently not on any policy)...Also I am 25, will that be a problem for doing to test drive?..

Thanks everyone for your help.

I'm pretty sure you'll be ok. Tesla will be well covered with insurance just make sure you take both pieces of your driving license and enjoy the ride! They'll take a few details from you then talk you through all the features in the car. Then it's off on the road for a 20min or so drive. Put your foot to the floor and hold onto your hat - you won't of experienced anything like this before!

You should have received an email confirmation of your test drive - if you reply to that with any questions they are very good at replying

Enjoy your test drive!

Regards

Roy

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to test drive a Model S at West Drayton. Does anyone have any experience of this? They have given me a date and time. However I am unsure how the insurance situation works. Do I need to get temporary car insurance cover (i'm currently not on any policy)...
Tesla insure the cars.

Their sales staff are really advisers, not salesmen and are expected to help each customer choose what suits him best, not maximise profit. That way they get more satisfied customers and with a policy of no advertising it helps the viral spread of good messages as we lucky owners do more selling than they do!

I am going to West Drayton for a test drive this Saturday. My wife up until now has never shown any interest in cars (lexus owner) but is very excited and already sold on the idea, infact I think we both are. She's the one who will be using it daily for work although I may get a spin at the weekends.