Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 Release

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
  • | This is a WikiPost. Members with appropriate permissions may edit.
Overview of UK V11 release

Rumour of June reveal based on latest Model S delivery schedules.

Build Versions
2021.xx.xx - xx/xx - TBC

Features
  • TBC

Release Notes
Tesla Software Updates - Not a Tesla App

Preview

Rollout
TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker
Vehicle Software Updates | Teslascope

Please feel free to contribute content to this wiki.
Note - all edits are journaled

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
I wonder if the next significant update will coincide with the release of the refresh Model S and X in the USA? I guess the Tesla software team are busy preparing for the new cars.

We’ve been on 2021.4.x for a while and the “holiday update” was nothing special either.
Good thinking

nxsynjs

Jul 5, 2020
UK
The image seems to be a magnified version of the one shown on the model S tweet below. Since the Model S has improved hardware I am wondering how well the M3 will be able to render the above image and if we will get a "cut down" version. On the bright side, perhaps tesla have delayed V11 to rework the horrible new UI that is generally disliked..

ACarneiro

Jun 20, 2019
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK
I’m a bit ambivalent about a massive change to the UI.
It’s a nuisance how often that happens on phones but in safety of life systems I worry that all the ease of use that came from being familiar with the UI will go out the window and I’ll go back to getting distracted whilst driving because I’m fumbling with the UI to find the wiper controls or some such thing all over again....

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
It's kind of funny that people object to cars being covered in buttons and prefer a screen, yet one of those screenshots appears to have about 24 soft buttons visible and a slide bar from a quick count. At least with a physical button in a car its still there where you left it the last time you drove.

On the plus side, compare the graphics to those of an early Model S and they're come on a long way.

I'm a bit ambivalent too.

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
.... I’m setting modest expectations ;)
Very wise. Cosmetic changes v real fucntionality.
The only useful update (forget toys, hype and dodgy self drive bits) in the last year, for me, has been that finally I can use the reversing camera in the dark. How many years has that taken?

Tony Hoyle

May 7, 2019
Stockport, UK
I saw the video of the 'car menu' and realized... that's the android pulldown menu, then saw they were using a cards interface...

Wonder if they've used the AOSP window manager or merely been inspired by it. Could go either way..

• Funny
Reactions: goRt

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
It's kind of funny that people object to cars being covered in buttons and prefer a screen, yet one of those screenshots appears to have about 24 soft buttons visible and a slide bar from a quick count. At least with a physical button in a car its still there where you left it the last time you drove.

On the plus side, compare the graphics to those of an early Model S and they're come on a long way.

I'm a bit ambivalent too.

they can have a tiny bit of benefit of the doubt (but only a bit) from me if thats vehicle settings which you aren’t changing much as you drive. Hopefully.

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Imagine if the car had an SDK for creating your own apps. It could even be ringfenced so it can't alter the main UI. The possibilities would be endless and Tesla would be able to maintain that generational progressive leap over competitors.

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Some of the controls will be specific to the vehicle model, but I hope that 'Trips' is not and what I hope it will be.

1616423313193.png

drewpost

Aug 12, 2017
Surrey, United Kingdom
Some of the controls will be specific to the vehicle model, but I hope that 'Trips' is not and what I hope it will be.

View attachment 646972
That’s already something on the S. I’m in a loaner today whilst the sandpaper valet job is corrected on my 3 and here’s what it shows. Not sure why it’s never been part of the 3/y menus.
image.jpg

NorfolkMustard

Apr 18, 2019
M3P w/FSD
Yeah, what we see here is specific to the refreshed S and X, because they have the instruments cluster behind the wheel still, but the look and feel I expect will transfer over to the 3/Y/classic-S&X

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
I know this is still pre-production but odd still that they have duplicate icons for the WiFi and Notification functions.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Reactions: Neilio

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC