Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
blindspot is a nice add - thanks Ioniq 5 for inspiration :)

Would be nice to have a warning built in so we don’t need to look though - the car should know if the indicated lane is clear so could flash a warning on the screen when you indicate if it thinks it isn’t clear

I thought it already had this feature? There is some kind of Blind spot warning setting in the autopilot menu? I could be wrong though...

I thought it already had this feature? There is some kind of Blind spot warning setting in the autopilot menu? I could be wrong though...
If using autopilot on a motorway in my S and indicate to change lanes then the lane will be highlighted red if there's a vehicle too close. I’d guess that the camera image will be more useful for manual driving conditions. However, there's an argument for having the option of viewing the blind spots before indicating to know if one can..Or indeed having some red/green icon to indicate whether the blind spot is occupied.

If using autopilot on a motorway in my S and indicate to change lanes then the lane will be highlighted red if there's a vehicle too close. I’d guess that the camera image will be more useful for manual driving conditions. However, there's an argument for having the option of viewing the blind spots before indicating to know if one can..

Oh I completely agree that a video view of the blind spot is a great addition.

My comment was more aimed at the other forum post that was also asking for a warning that flashes onscreen (maybe audible as well?), which I thought was already a feature.

blindspot is a nice add - thanks Ioniq 5 for inspiration :)

Would be nice to have a warning built in so we don’t need to look though - the car should know if the indicated lane is clear so could flash a warning on the screen when you indicate if it thinks it isn’t clear

It will be interesting how they implement this, in the Ioniq5 the blindspot camera shows up in the Binnacle behind the steering wheel when indicating. Be weird and (IMHO not very safe) if you are indicating right but then have to look left to see the blindspot camera in the centre screen.

Reactions: MrT3
It looks as though the wipers button has been moved under 'controls'. If nothing else is done that would be a step backwards for me - in the dark we sometimes resort to having the passenger (when there is one) control the wipers. It would be fine if the wipers pane is made to toggle, rather than disappearing after a time. I've never understood why I can leave the tyre pressure pane or the driving states pane on screen, but not the (far more important) wipers pane.

Good to see the energy graph is still there in the new update:

FHGuOxdVQAA7esT.jpeg

Reactions: exlatccatsa
It looks as though the wipers button has been moved under 'controls'. If nothing else is done that would be a step backwards for me - in the dark we sometimes resort to having the passenger (when there is one) control the wipers. It would be fine if the wipers pane is made to toggle, rather than disappearing after a time. I've never understood why I can leave the tyre pressure pane or the driving states pane on screen, but not the (far more important) wipers pane.
Pressing the wipe button on the stalk brings up the wiper control pane. This is clearly how Tesla want you to access the wiper controls, as they mention it in the release notes. Out of interest, is there any reason you don’t use this method?

Pressing the wipe button on the stalk brings up the wiper control pane. This is clearly how Tesla want you to access the wiper controls, as they mention it in the release notes. Out of interest, is there any reason you don’t use this method?
I'm hoping that they have carried over the feature from the new Model S where once the wiper menu is on the screen after pressing the button the left scroll button allows you to switch settings.

When driving we do. But there is a button on the screen, and it's far easier for the passenger to use that, rather than fighting for use of the button on the stalk.!

I'm not holding my breath with excitement and I think I'll hold off updating if I get offered until I've seen what others say. Bitten once too often with Tesla making things worse seemingly for the sake of it. Some of the features sound potentially very good but equally the one image I've seen was of the screen covered in soft buttons - so much for preferring the clean uncluttered look of the Tesla to then be confronted with with a worse version where nothing is in the same place as it was before! #allinthenameofprogress

So after 10 pages of nothing, it looks like the latest speculation (some from 'reliable' sources, if EM can be called 'reliable' as far as timeframes are concerned) is that V11 will make an overdue appearance with the 2021 'holiday release' in a version of 2021.44.25.x
Was tempted to hit the report button as 'rumor mongering', but apparently you may be right!