Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK Elon. Put your money where your mouth is ;)

Untitled.jpg

Apparently nothing preventing it coming to any AP 2.5+ car.

Moderator comment - thread merged from "Is Tesla V11 Software coming for Model 3?"

Hello all

just seen some video capture of new Tesla Version 11 software running on the refreshed Model S (and Model X). See below.

I like the look of the App tiles and hope that us non FSD drivers can adjust the amount of screen given over to driving visualisations. It does look like this sort of adjustment may be possible on V11. Also I like the improved quick actions display.

I’m a new Tesla owner (MIC LR M3), so I’m a little unfamiliar with how software is rolled out to the whole ‘Tesla fleet’.

Do you think software V11 will be available for all new Tesla cars or just the MS and MX which have 17 inch display and a dash binnacle with the additional driver info?

What do you think will be included in this software if it is going to be rolled out widely?

Last edited by a moderator:
Being slightly pedantic but I don't think it's been confirmed that this is the v11 software. It could just as easily be a significant version on the current v10 software, as the refreshed UI that we have now was.

That red and blue background.. I'm sure I've seen that before. OSX? Although I may be misremembering as nothing on google. Side popup menu is clearly android inspired..

Taking design cues from mobile is probably their best option really.. people are familiar with how those work, plus mobile companies spent a lot of money on research into UI to decide what works best.

On the new S and X, the car will decide what gear you want to be in based on cameras/radar. Saves you shifting between drive and reverse.

Think you'd need to be a brave man/woman to not disable that setting.

To operate smart shift manually, you drag the car icon on the screen:

The thing is I don't want a UI upgrade. I want a functionality upgrade as follows;

1. Windscreen wipers speed range increased. A slider to select speed. The slider to remain on the screen when the wipers are on.
2. Windscreen wiper auto sensitivity adjustment.
3. A permanently visible button to dim and switch the screen from day/night settings
4. A button to tell the radio to be FM or DAB or Auto switch between the two.
5. The DAB / RDS radio information to scroll so that you can read what it actually says rather than just the first half.
6. A switch to turn off the 'Camera blocked or blinded' messages
7. Add back internet radio stations - it seemed to do this when I first got the car but now does not.
8. Add GPS and Speed data to the dashcam and sentry footage
9. Allow Points of Interest database (i.e. speed cameras) to be added to the navigation system
10. Stop the seats moving (to my wife's setting if she has recently driven the car) before the screen is active and allows you to push the STOP button.

I don't want better / different games or improved farting!

Rant over............