Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD beta button was was going to be '10 days' in March. I suspect they ran into regulatory issues - it's one thing to test something like that with hand picked beta testers, quite another to give it to anyone with a pulse.. Hence all their insistence in letters it's really only level 2, to try to get around it.

Reactions: goRt
After all the ’mind blowing‘ hype, It’s where he says “bear in mind it is still just a beta” that suggests tester’s expectations should be significantly lower than first thought!
Sounds a bit like the "2 x fire emoji" holiday update that was a damp squib. Elon does himself no favours over-promising and under-delivering. And I say that as a massive fan-boy.

Reactions: drewpost
As Tesla becomes more and more mainstream people will expect the arrival of new things to be much more in line with regular consumer expectations. The ‘we‘re all in this together‘ concept diminishes and we feel less and less like, we’re ‘helping the cause’. More of a ’keep the receipt’ retail approach than buying into the experiments of the future. Somewhere in the middle you’ll probably find most of us long-termers who will walk the line between understanding the challenge and having Blind faith regardless.

Interesting transitional time.

I thought the wait was for the wide rollout? It’s already in the hands of a small group.

The current limited FSD City Streets beta as so far been up to FSD v8.x - Tesla have scrapped that and supposedly (have heard this several times before) undertaken a fundamental NN rework (based strongly on Tesla Vision) that they are calling FSD v9. Its this rework that seems to have largely held up things and even though some cars have already seen some of the NN changes (including parts of 2021.4.15.x and onwards of 2021.4.18.x and full Tesla Vision cars), so far a merged FSD City Streets beta and the NN rework have yet to be publicly released even in limited beta.

Sounds a bit like the "2 x fire emoji" holiday update that was a damp squib. Elon does himself no favours over-promising and under-delivering. And I say that as a massive fan-boy.

As someone who's worked in IT for more years than you would think is healthy, I have come to the brand pre-jaded, but even I am finding Mr Musk's continual missed deadlines wearing now.

As someone who's worked in IT for more years than you would think is healthy, I have come to the brand pre-jaded, but even I am finding Mr Musk's continual missed deadlines wearing now.
On this occasion he did meet the deadline, with FSD Beta 9 being released at midnight in Califonia.

The main UI change looks to be the 'mind of car' view:
FSDBeta9.jpg