Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried that...doesn’t work
Temporarily I didn’t get it, I unticked both the auto steer and self drive and then rebooted. After that I didn’t get it. Unfortuntely I did not try on a long drive as I like autosteer and self drive visualisation, so I ticked the box again. But I dod not get the speedo for almost 4 miles. Not sure whether that was natural as I did only city driving.

Temporarily I didn’t get it, I unticked both the auto steer and self drive and then rebooted. After that I didn’t get it. Unfortuntely I did not try on a long drive as I like autosteer and self drive visualisation, so I ticked the box again. But I dod not get the speedo for almost 4 miles. Not sure whether that was natural as I did only city driving.
The ‘additional Speedo’ only appears if TACC is available and has been like that since V10. It shows the speed at which TACC will engage if selected. My related issue now is that the autosteer icon is tiny. Without FSD, autosteer has to be disengaged and re-engaged for every overtake and I find it reasonably easy to forget whether it is engaged - until drifting out of lane! Seems like the amount of torque required on the steering wheel to demonstrate you are still there has been much reduced. Maintaining pressure previously gave me arm ache - much more relaxed now.

Reactions: spdpsba
I do hope something is done soon to improve blind spot warning. Trying to see if there is a vehicle present in a small, badly positioned camera image is positively dangerous. The previous system where an adjacent vehicle went red in the visualisation if you indicated wasn’t wonderful but at least it was much more immediately apparent. The lack of blind spot warnings adjacent to the mirrors is a major omission in my opinion.

The ‘additional Speedo’ only appears if TACC is available and has been like that since V10. It shows the speed at which TACC will engage if selected. My related issue now is that the autosteer icon is tiny. Without FSD, autosteer has to be disengaged and re-engaged for every overtake and I find it reasonably easy to forget whether it is engaged - until drifting out of lane! Seems like the amount of torque required on the steering wheel to demonstrate you are still there has been much reduced. Maintaining pressure previously gave me arm ache - much more relaxed now.
Yes, the autosteer is small compared to the previous version but still has the blue wheel. I guess the solution is to go for FSD but at this point it is a lot of money for very little benefit. But the FSD version has the full screen navigation or you can adjust how big you want the navigation map and it looks cool with a 15inch map and navigation.

Yes, the autosteer is small compared to the previous version but still has the blue wheel. I guess the solution is to go for FSD but at this point it is a lot of money for very little benefit. But the FSD version has the full screen navigation or you can adjust how big you want the navigation map and it looks cool with a 15inch map and navigation.
Unless I missed something, I have FSD and can’t adjust the map. I suspect that’s just the US FSD beta.
love to be told otherwise

Reactions: spdpsba
Hi all, not a massive fan of v11, particularly losing the trip cards, but giving Tesla benefit of the doubt - maybe it lays some groundwork for future flexibility with greater range of apps etc.(?)

A couple of minor [model 3] queries though;
a) Any way to turn on driver's seat heater without also turning on the blowers? Voice control seems to be only option.
b) The 'Recent apps' section only ever displays 1 app for me but I think it's intended to show 2?

Reactions: diddy84
There is also a change as to how you see the next software update.

Whereas the download arrow sign would normally be seen at the top of the screen to show that a download was available eg for this v11 download, I have just got the 2021.44.30 update notification shown as available in the app. Nothing shown in the car on the front page of the screen. When I go into settings - software and scroll down then I can see and start a download.

My thoughts after using it for a lot of holidays journeys:

I think, overall it's an improvement. The very lightest of customisations in pinning apps, the new font, the blind spot cameras are all very useful adiditons, especially the latter but, it's clearly not a finished product yet:

Some critical functions such as fog lights take an extra press. The menus are too "deep" and mean too much time pressing the screen and not watching the road
Should be an option to retain the "status bar" at the top that shows connectivity and software update notifications
Cards for the trip computer and tyre pressure gauge (certainly the former) must return
Though useful, the rear view cameras would probably be more useful if you didn't obscure them with your left (or right for the RoW) hand in the normal driving position

I think, though, it has more potential then the previous version. I found it poor. It was a very basic interface. This one is more complex which of course takes some getting used to but it does mean it's a more useful piece of software

If you just cast your eyes on TMC vote 56% are either happy or not complaining about the new update. It is a biased data as people who use this site are more involved than any normal Tesla users. Still you see only 17% are complaining in a biased sample.

So new UI making driving experience worse is a subjective feeling and shared by a minority who uses this website. There are lots of people who think the new UI is a progress even in this website by looking at the numbers.

What Tesla will do if they get a feedback saying give or take 10% of people weren’t happy with the new UI and 60-70% are happy or not complaining?
Lots of people thinking a certain way does not make that certain way true.