Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more details of the new UI in V11 on an Model 3 on Tesla North

PRND have moved again, and the speed looks to be a light font. The power/regen bar looks to be thicker again - I didn't like the very thin (=almost invisible) bar that came as part of the December 2020 UI changes. This also shows the blind-spot camera - I'd hoped it might have been a bit bigger.

tesla-blind-spot-camera-2.jpg

Blind spot screen photos

We seem to have two threads covering the V11/Holiday Release - I posted a link to this Tesla North article over in the V11 thread.

Do we need a Mod to merge or close one thread?

Reactions: spooksman
Really cramming the Speedo into that corner! Almost like admitting it should possibly be closer to the line of sight? I really appreciated the move towards the corner in the last change, much more so than I expected tbf.

Looks like a complete change to the bottom bar too! Lots more colour, which will look pretty but possibly distract from the pertinent info to actually driving.

I wonder what goes on in the background with these changes? Is it painstaking research, eye tracking and a/b testing, or is it just a change of guard?

All I can see is more than a third of the screen showing a totally pointless render of a car and some lane markings. I really don't get their logic.
Just did a road trip and the pointless third of the screen really gets in the way of the sizing of the maps..
The info on the pointless part is 100% useless and a gimic.
The original size at launch was already too big.
Get rid of it all and put sensible required info there like a larger speedo, and windscreen wiper button, glove box button,lights control and radio volume?
Also instead of paying for the full system at £9.99 per month get rid of all the other childish gimic stuff like netflix spotify games etc. Replacing with appleplay or androidplay would obviate the need for all this poor duplication of our much smarter phones.
Today I was running nav plus waze on my iphone.
Time and time again, nav lets me down.
1. Tesla really need to get a grip of speed limit info. Waze is always 100% accurate. Nav must contain 1000's of incidences of wrong or misinformation on speed limits.
2. Camera info. It is not a question of abiding to the limits, reminders are needed particularly if speed restrictions info is wrong.
3. Instant reaction to traffic incidents. Waze is the only real in time nav system.
4. Traffic speed denoted in bright red when speed limit has been exceeded.
5. changes in route selection due to changing traffic conditions. Waze is much more responsive.

Reactions: ajp558 and mpandrew
Some more details of the new UI in V11 on an Model 3 on Tesla North

PRND have moved again, and the speed looks to be a light font. The power/regen bar looks to be thicker again - I didn't like the very thin (=almost invisible) bar that came as part of the December 2020 UI changes. This also shows the blind-spot camera - I'd hoped it might have been a bit bigger.

View attachment 747051
Christ, Glan Glusaine would be having an embolism right now.

Putting the camera display right where the render shows cars behind you seems an odd choice.. Not that I'd rely on either without looking, but surely a better place would have been over the map.

Rear window heater is no longer on the bar and from the looks of the other pictures isn't selectable as an option to put there either, so if it starts raining I've got to navigate menus to be able to clear the rear enough to see behind me..

I still think the 2019 version was the best they ever did.. it's been downhill from there.

I'll leave a link to this reddit post just in case it reappears (it was being deleted under my feet as I read it and now its gone), but by the looks of it, the driver visualisation can be expanded full screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Unconfirmed now that post has gone, but one to try in V11 although it may be FSD City Streets beta only at present.

Last edited:
I'll leave a link to this reddit post just in case it reappears (it was being deleted under my feed as I read it and now its gone), but by the looks of it, the driver visualisation can be expanded full screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Unconfirmed now that post has gone, but one to try in V11 although it may be FSD City Streets beta only at present.

Screenshot here of full screen FSD so could well be FSD only