Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the basic driving controls are improved. Use of bolder fonts for battery level, TACC speed etc and the new thinner font for the actual speed somehow makes it stand out as well. Moving the map compass to the right means it's far easier to reach as a driver. The power/regen bar is clearer, but it kind of defeats me as to what action I might take based on that. Having Spotify, Radio and Energy as my pinned apps definitely reduces the number of clicks, and I can slide them back out of the way more easily than before.
I guess time will tell how well the auto seat heaters work, I'm the type that set the temperature to 20 and auto when I collected the car and haven't changed it for over 2 years, so it's probably never going to be changed again.

Precondition your screen and don't leave you wipers frozen to the screen when driving as you would have no way of clearly any obstruction.

This isn't a solution.

I've got 11 loaded now, wipers can be set to off via "controls" without having to activate the wipers.

Stuff I don't like:

- Not able to hide things I don't use: Spotify, Caraoke, Tidal, Messages
-.Posion of the blindspot camera, pop it over the map.
- Separation of the music apps
- Removal of trip cards

Last edited:
Tesla really haven’t a clue how to design a user interface. So you can add quick access to theatre, music, toybox etc but can no longer quickly switch on demister. The blind spot view is a good idea…but placing it at the bottom right of the screen on a RHD car is ridiculous - completely obscured by arms holding the wheel. Same issue, to a lesser extent, with the speed display. I‘m struggling to find the old camera icon you tap on to manually save dashcam footage or the icon that was next to it to quickly switch on Sentry.

Yeah the UI changes don't look great... Why make the bottom bar customisable but not keep the existing options of heated seats and heated windows?

I haven't ticked the advanced updates thing, will I get this update is I'm on 2021.40.6 and I do an update? The app is showing I have one.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Yeah the UI changes don't look great... Why make the bottom bar customisable but not keep the existing options of heated seats and heated windows?

I haven't ticked the advanced updates thing, will I get this update is I'm on 2021.40.6 and I do an update? The app is showing I have one.

Yes, you'll have it, and you'll like it. Happy Christmas!!!!

In all seriousness, I think the Standard/Advanced thing is largely unused these days. And this is an update going out with big fanfare, so yes, expect you're getting it too.

Initial thoughts after a half hour tour when parked:

I think Tesla have got the kernel of a good update here, and I broadly approve of their direction of travel as to how the Ui will evolve.

• Customisable shortcuts are good. I agree there are some glaring omissions from the shortcut list. But the overall design of this should mean they can quickly add missing stuff when people pester on Twitter.
  • I like the colour addition. I had particular 'muscle memory' issues with the previous icons and the colours really help me.
  • Overall the layout brings a number of controls closer to the driver. Also positive.
  • Climate controls: I like the quick bar you can bring up, *but* you can only bring it up after you slide the temperature up/down. Otherwise you get the full HVAC controls. Not sure I get that Ux/Ui decision. If you are an 'Auto' kind of guy, then the auto heated seat option could be quite nice. Requires some journey time to see how that pans out.
  • Radio: still a missed design opportunity. Ugly long list of DAB stations with massive areas of whitespace. Still very unintuitive. Good news that that DAB info now scrolls though!

The driving visualisation section has been reduced in size, which I believe quite a few owners on here preferred.

Only reduced by 10mm though. I took some before and after measurements…..

Before:
80AE453E-DAB9-4E1A-8A00-5638995AE828.jpeg

After:
DFC8B2D8-5CDC-4DFB-B362-7F27788F04FE.jpeg

I hate the fact you can't have a trip card on the screen anymore and the double tap to get the demister going, hopefully we can put demist icons on the bottom bar in future as there is plenty of room
I totally agree with you, trip card on the screen was so much easier than it is now. Take up the whole screen!

Whilst we have our rulers out...😀

The speedo font in V11 is a bit smaller than the previous version (10mm vs 11mm high). This reduction is nowhere near as big as we saw in the December 2020 UI change (2020.48.12.1 to 2020.48.26 saw a 25% reduction), but it is still heading in the wrong direction. Having said that, I prefer the new location i.e. up closer to the top right of the screen, so overall a small improvement for me.

V11-text-size.jpg

Last edited: