Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I were looking for the projected battery level at arrival too. That is critical for me too as I often have long drives. This a real disappointment. I have been looking for another way to get it with calculating it myself, but no luck yet.
The battery levels will show briefly while the route is being calculated but disappears again. the arrival estimate can be found via the Energy icon by switching to trip view.
It would be better to have it shown next to the arrival time, so we don’t have to look it up.

The battery levels will show briefly while the route is being calculated but disappears again. the arrival estimate can be found via the Energy icon by switching to trip view.
It would be better to have it shown next to the arrival time, so we don’t have to look it up.
The arrival battery levels are still there in the Sat Nav, just scroll up on the directions.

Reactions: Broecher
I were looking for the projected battery level at arrival too. That is critical for me too as I often have long drives. This a real disappointment. I have been looking for another way to get it with calculating it myself, but no luck yet.
Just scroll to the end of the navigation instructions or use the energy graph
IMG_2678 2.jpg

I can only you've got some kind of hotline to the dev team to be so sure of this.

As I said in my early assessment summary of the release, there's the kernel of a decent update in here. I would have thought that expanding the dock options would be one of the first things offered. What makes you so certain that it's going to be a fixed list?
I don’t have a hotline to developers. But I am aware of the science behind automation and FSD.

The simple way to put it across is, automation in vehicle is a complex task, for example driving in a motorway is easier for an automated vehicle than navigating a parking lot because of the number of variable involved. Now imagine, driving in a rain or snow or any adverse condition that brings ‘n’ number of variables to automation. Automation isn’t like coding - it is a lot of machine learning. For this you need real world testing data and it is challenging before the collection of data. What Tesla is doing is collecting these data of real time driving from all their cars (how a driver use fog lights, heater etc., for example) and process these information over a period of time to understand the best way to automate. Machine learning is more efficient when dealing with less variables including touches and user flexibility.

The reason Tesla uses vision cameras rather than sensors for headlights and wipers is the hardware needed to be part of the system to collect data before the software development is complete. I have heard people here saying why can’t they use the tried and tested sensors instead of using the unreliable vision cameras. Unfortunately they can’t as the hardware has to be part of it to collect data now for the implementation of full automation few years down the line. Advances in software remain the single greatest obstacle in vehicle automation unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alwayshopeful
I don’t have a hotline to developers. But I am aware of the science behind automation and FSD.

The simple way to put it across is, automation in vehicle is a complex task, for example driving in a motorway is easier for an automated vehicle than navigating a parking lot. Automation isn’t like coding - it is a lot of machine learning. For this you need real world testing data and it is challenging before the collection of data. What Tesla is doing is collecting these data of real time driving from all their cars (how a driver use fog lights, heater etc., for example) and process these information over a period of time to understand the best way to automate. Machine learning is more efficient when dealing with less variables including touches and user flexibility.

The reason Tesla uses vision cameras rather than sensors for headlights and wipers is the hardware needed to be part of the system to collect data before the software development is complete. I have heard people here saying why can’t they use the tried and tested sensors instead of using the unreliable vision cameras. Unfortunately they can’t as the hardware has to be part of it to collect data now for the implementation of full automation few years down the line. Advances in software remain the single greatest obstacle in vehicle automation unfortunately.
I commented about apps in the dock. What has any of this got to do with apps in the dock? :confused:

I even highlighted it in bold in the vain hope I'd get some coherent brevity in the response.

Reactions: Filbert1884
I commented about apps in the dock. What has any of this got to do with apps in the dock? :confused:
It has. By giving flexibility to user you introduce more variables in automation. Imagine the overall vision is you go near the car the door opens and you sit, it brings up your profile including seating, temperature and other personal comforts then you tell where to go - it reverses or goes front using vision camera and then self drives and reaches destination with minimal input from driver.

At this stage this is highly unrealistic but Tesla has the hardware to do this - they don’t have the software optimisation because of lack of data in real driving conditions.

I believe there’s now an app for that - you also need to be in park as before.
I think my problem with not being able to view clips may be to do with a seat sensor issue ... when I'm in Park the car doesn't know I'm in the seat. I can only initiate recordings. (I also get a black screen when I get in the car and can only prompt it into life by pressing the brake whereupon the Pin to Drive pad pops up. )

I think my problem with not being able to view clips may be to do with a seat sensor issue ... when I'm in Park the car doesn't know I'm in the seat. I can only initiate recordings. (I also get a black screen when I get in the car and can only prompt it into life by pressing the brake whereupon the Pin to Drive pad pops up. )
Insufficient mince pies ?

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
Perhaps it’s because mine is a 2020 pre heat pump model, but when heat controls are split, mine still displays the passenger heat setting when the passenger seat is empty. Anyone confirm?
Yep, pre heat pump cars can’t turn off passenger fan separately.

Did a 100-mile round trip yesterday. Controls were no easier or harder to access in my opinion; just different. I’m hoping they improve on access though, because v10 wasn’t amazing either. Blind spot camera didn’t distract me as I just didn’t glance at it if I didn’t need it, but came in handy on one occasion, so I’ll keep it on.

Having a shortcut to radio and Bluetooth is an improvement in my books.

The let down is not having the efficiency card available. I can only think that because the UI was originally from the new S/X, it was designed more for a car with an instrument cluster, so some of the things we are complaining about in the 3/Y, aren’t an issue for the higher end models. But even that doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dilly