Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK V5 log book not showing performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just received my V5 log book for my new model 3 performance.

I noticed a few post from back in 2019/20 about log books and some showing performance and others not.

So my log book just says model 3 long range AWD and when I look at the VIN number character 8 is C which on the Tesla vin decoder site - Tesla VIN decoder.
It lists as base motor tier 2 battery ??

What do other people have .. do they have P as character 8 which states performance ?

Curious as this could cause me a problem when selling in the future if the log book and VIN is wrong ?

Thanks

Barry

Thats the right battery for the M3P. The LR started with the E3D battery, then the E5D last year and have just changed to the the E5LD (ie you have a Panasonic battery whereas the LR has been getting LG batteries for the last year or so).

I'd talk to Tesla about whether they've filled the paperwork in correctly for the DVLA. I imagine things like insurance databases look up using your reg and will have it coming back as the wrong car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Casss
You aren't the first person to state their M3P is down as an LR on the V5 for Q4 21. I wonder if there is a mistake with a batch of them. Contact Tesla and get them to sort it out for you.