Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK web site now includes prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The web site has been updated to include prices. 60kw Model S costs £50,280 including VAT delivery in 6 to 7 months.
85kw is £57,300 and 85 P £68,700.
Not sure if £5,000 incentive has been taken off.

:smile:

We are however paying a lot more for options. Tech pack is over 33.3% higher that US prices and 15.5% than Europe. Supercharging is 48% and 27% higher than US and Europe respectively.

:cursing:

Last edited:
The web site has been updated to include prices. 60kw Model S costs £50,280 including VAT delivery in 6 to 7 months.
85kw is £57,300 and 85 P £68,700.
Not sure if £5,000 incentive has been taken off.

I believe it has. The website itself is very unclear, but the email they sent out announcing the prices quoted S60 at £49,900 after deduction of the grant (the difference between £49900 and £50,280 is the "Destination and regulatory doc fee").

Elon I think was talking about price of £55k - if you take £5k off then you come to £50k which is what it is - so about what I was expecting. The only problem is that the Model S is not on the list of cars where you can get £5k off. First job for Elon in his role as advisor to the Government??

I had an email from UK Sales telling me about the prices being on the web site so I have asked if price has incentive taken off.

Better than I was expecting as well.

With regards to the conversion looking at $159k, with 20% VAT, right hand drive R&D and that little bit more shipping, seems about right to me. (and comparable to say an Audi S8 etc).

Bodes well for Gen III pricing being reasonable down the line ;-)

Is there no way around the VAT problem?

Like I know in other European countries, don't they import most of the car, but then finish it off locally then sell off the final product? Is something similar not able to be done in the UK? It's a shame because it really is just the VAT that makes it expensive. Take that out, and it makes it very affordable, and the GENIII could be very well priced.

VAT is not really a "problem" as such ;-) it is sales tax here and is charged on pretty much everything.

The "assembly" in the EU that they do is to avoid some kind of import duty (I am not 100% sure on this) but it certainly is nothing to do with VAT. Whether the government should charge a reduced VAT on EVs is another matter, but there is already the £5k incentive.

Overall I'll say I think the prices are good. I was personally expecting more along the lines of base 85kwh to be nearer £70k, and it is under £60k.

Good question...! if the UK prices weren't set I'm not sure how you could have different prices.

Only option I can see is they can compare your configuration on previous EU prices and new EU prices, see the percentage difference and give you a discount to that effect, but that is really vague!

It's good to see the prices up at last, even if they are indicative (Tesla mentioned in their EU Newsletter today that the European prices have been recently adjusted for exchange rates, so IMO it is likely that there will be further tweaking over the next 6 months).

Not sure if anyone else noticed but... the UK Design Studio is now showing a RHD car! Ok, so it's only CGI and I couldn't spot any other differences to the interior, but good to see all the same.

We also get the new 19" Cyclones, but sadly these are not available on the +.

Looking forward to seeing "leaked" photos of the RHD test mule next :)

I ordered last year to beat the 2013 price increase (at least thats what I was told at the time). Anyone know how that effects the pricing just announced ?

I did the same, and was told "For anyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, we will be deducting an estimated 2,500AUD* from the final price of your Model S. In other words, you will not be affected by the price increase as long as you finalize your order within a reasonable, predefined timeframe.

Approximately 3-4 months prior to the production of your Model S, we will invite you to finalize your order."

I wrote back "I presume the 2500 AUD is prior to GST."

and received this reply: "Yes, $2,500 is net of taxes."

Not that Tesla often stick to their promises. I just came across an amusing newsletter from August 2012, saying "RESERVATIONS are now being accepted for 2013 delivery. To secure an early delivery and minimize the lead time, Reserve your Model S today. Specification and production sequencing will begin in early in the new year with deliveries commencing mid 2013."

Steve

Just found the link about the discount. 2013 Model S Price Increase | Blog | Tesla Motors

"We plan to announce European pricing very soon, which will include this recent price increase. We have many reservation holders around the world who have faithfully supported us throughout the years and we want to make sure they are recognized for their support. Therefore, we will automatically deduct €1,700 (or the local equivalent in other countries) from the base price for everyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, 2012…as long as they finalize their order within a reasonable, predefined timeframe after being invited to configure their Model S."

I will check they have remembered this as with all the staff changes / growth since this offer was made. Better to surprise a few owners who ordered early by getting a discount they were not expecting than to upset owners who have remembered and don't get it.

Alan, thanks for posting the link which I've shared on the tesla motors forum because somebody was asking about the qualifying date for the early-bird discount. On the tesla site a forum member (dcPalmer) has also contacted Tesla and wrote:

I spoke with the Tesla Store this afternoon and asked about our early-bird rebate. This doesn't show up on the website, but they did promise that it would be deducted from our final invoice. Should be about £1,600 or €1,800.

Sorry about the cross-posting of information across the two forums but it seems to be the only way to get a full picture of how we early reservation holders will fare in the UK.