Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Would you buy another tesla

Would you buy another Tesla

• Yes

Votes: 213 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 13.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 21.9%
  • Absolutely no way due to the way tesla treat their customers

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Of course, Tesla are the best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 24 6.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Old saying..three points of view..yours, mine
and the truth.
4 new EVs could mean 4 Ice unnecessarily scrapped and new cars unnecessarily built. Or could mean 4 extra cars clogging up the chargers and traffic. Or 4 extra cars in inventory...
It also means 4 lots of money into the USA economy and not helping out balance of payment. Or a quantity of stimulus to our economy trickling down.
Someone somewhere will claim a halo.
The truth.
4 Ice hopefully scrapped and recycled. The 4 EVs were getting built anyway - Tesla don't build to order.
None of the 4 cars are in inventory as unfortunately Tesla don't offer good trade in deals.
When I think about it Tesla should be paying me commission for shifting their new stocks!
Almost any new car would put most of its cost into some economy, US, EU, Chinese that applies equally to Ice vehicles.

The balance of payments has been the way it is since the 2nd world war and isn't likely to improve in my lifetime.
We don't work particularly hard.
We manufacture very little.
We do not support our farmers.
Even our energy is imported.
We prefer to invest overseas.
If somebody starts a successful business the aim is always to sell it early to cash in.
Don't blame Tesla for our economy.

The truth.
4 Ice hopefully scrapped and recycled. The 4 EVs were getting built anyway - Tesla don't build to order.
None of the 4 cars are in inventory as unfortunately Tesla don't offer good trade in deals.
When I think about it Tesla should be paying me commission for shifting their new stocks!
Almost any new car would put most of its cost into some economy, US, EU, Chinese that applies equally to Ice vehicles.

The balance of payments has been the way it is since the 2nd world war and isn't likely to improve in my lifetime.
We don't work particularly hard.
We manufacture very little.
We do not support our farmers.
Even our energy is imported.
We prefer to invest overseas.
If somebody starts a successful business the aim is always to sell it early to cash in.
Don't blame Tesla for our economy.
4 ICE would be scrapped and recycled anyway. because someone bought 4 used teslas, someone would buy new as well.

extremely strange logic

4 ICE would be scrapped and recycled anyway. because someone bought 4 used teslas, someone would buy new as well.

extremely strange logic
The point is the the total number of cars in use has a limit (based on the people that can drive them).

A net of 4 additional EVs were added to the active cars, it is probable that a net of 4 older cars would be scrapped out of the active cars - they are almost certainly ICE.

You are missing the point.

The fact that you bought 4 new cars every 6 months and passed them down the chain thus "scrapping 4 ICEs" does not mean that if you did not buy 4 Teslas yourself someone else wouldn't buy them.

You could argue otherwise only in case if Tesla would produce cars to order only.
But as we know, Tesla produces cars in batches, they are not made to order. Therefore cars you bought would be produced anyway and someone would buy them anyway. And ICES would be scraped anyway.

Slow news day at the BBC yesterday 'Elon Musk has made me embarrassed to drive my Tesla now' but thought it was relevant to this thread as reading it.
Saw that - and initial thought was same as yours. But it does seem to explain why they have had to cut up to 20% off prices. When liberal US buyers look for their next car, they may not choose an F150 - but they sure as heck won't choose a Cybertruck now!

I just did.

My wife had Model 3 SR+ through work (salary sacrifice) but had to return it due to job change, it is being replaced by Model Y SR through my work salary sacrifice. I did a market scan and in the end decided that for a family car and for value for money Model Y met our requirements better than the others.

I also have a Mini Cooper SE ("my car") and I like it for what I use it for, short journeys, train station car park, parking in supermarket car parks etc., it also feels fun mostly because of small size as its not as quick as Tesla (even the basic ones we owned and ordered was/is faster).

4 years from now will I buy one again? don't know, will see what Tesla is offering then what others are doing.

My 1st post here so please be gentle :)

Hash

I have a MYLR that will be coming up to 1 year old in a month - my first Tesla and my first BEV (previously had PHEV). It has its annoyances, but I’m planning on keeping for at least 4-5 years (maybe longer) before I look for anything else.

By that time I’ve got to imagine the EV market and charging will be better. Would I buy another Tesla then? Yes, if it was the best option for what I wanted.

And rightly so.

That is impressive depreciation by any measure.
I think it’s dead obvious by now there is a glut on the used market and WBAC ‘values’ illustrate this…amazing a difference 7 weeks makes 🤣

Jokers.

61471EF3-FF39-43DF-A241-40245D39470B.jpeg

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Amazing the difference in twelve months eh. A good time for cash buyers wanting fairly fresh used cars.

EV market certainly under a great deal of pressure from top and bottom.
Seeing the comments about house price trajectory earlier today, not a surprise. Value will be back in fashion again soon, and for many folk who are not wealthy an EV is still an aspirational not value driven purchase.

I looked at prices of 2nd hand Leefs today, if V2H chargers where easy to get, then they would be a better option then most home batteries for anyone with PV and/or a heatpump. Hence there is a bottom to the 2nd hand EV macket.
Good point - I worked with a company ten years ago who said most Leafs (Leaves??) would end up metaphorically parked under a wind turbine to act as a sort of Megapack.

Seeing the comments about house price trajectory earlier today, not a surprise. Value will be back in fashion again soon, and for many folk who are not wealthy an EV is still an aspirational not value driven purchase.
Eldest and his gf are looking for a house soon.
He had factored in jump in interest rates, using my adage of never buying anything unless you can buy it at least twice over...preferably in cash.
He's just biding his time.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Eldest and his gf are looking for a house soon.
He had factored in jump in interest rates, using my adage of never buying anything unless you can buy it at least twice over...preferably in cash.
He's just biding his time.
Very wise counsel you have given there. Given price/earnings multiple is highest it has ever been, he might be pleasantly surprised at what he can get in say 12 months time.

Sad to say that we haven't learned from 2008 - 10. And that some people have through personal circumstance as much as choice given themselves a future that includes one of the most stressful and emotionally damaging things that will ever happen to them.

Reactions: DaveNN
Very wise counsel you have given there. Given price/earnings multiple is highest it has ever been, he might be pleasantly surprised at what he can get in say 12 months time.

Sad to say that we haven't learned from 2008 - 10. And that some people have through personal circumstance as much as choice given themselves a future that includes one of the most stressful and emotionally damaging things that will ever happen to them.
He/they are ready to go now, having a chunky deposit ( we figured that they can have some inheritance whilst we are about to enjoy them enjoying it).
Of course people may well be reluctant to sell BUT housebuilders might need to get some money in.

Reactions: CWT3LR