Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Would you buy another tesla

Would you buy another Tesla

• Yes

Votes: 213 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 13.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 21.9%
  • Absolutely no way due to the way tesla treat their customers

Votes: 21 5.2%
  • Of course, Tesla are the best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 24 6.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea. Did you not get a text from tesla
You’re trolling again. The guy posted quite reasonably that he ordered in April 2022. I suspect you’ve been here long enough and regularly enough to note that the USS removal was observed here considerably later.

No need to question why he ordered a new model to replace the old one he was happy with. If he was praising Tesla, you wouldn’t have questioned it.

No need to rip into him for not knowing about USS removal, when none of us did.

Grow up and get some manners.

Reactions: CWT3LR and Whyone
I see no signs of Tesla imploding, quite the opposite. The cars get better over time, they are now becoming more affordable to more people and they still are the best car to do long distance with some of best efficiency numbers. Can you elaborate on "self implode"?

Fyi, have owned 4 EV. 4th was first Tesla
I would say losing 65% of your share value in 2022 would count as imploding, however I may be wrong?

• Funny
Reactions: CWT3LR
Presumably you got your 10% inflation-matching pay rise on 01-Jan? 🥲
Yeah, sure...

Significant improvements to "comfort" of suspension on MY (since I got mine in Feb 2022)
nothing for m3 though

Short memory. These are ones I found since about Jan-2022 (bar games)"

Apple Music
Not using so do not care
Auto Turn Signal
THIS is huge, really. nice life improvement. Question - why it was not implemented with the release of the car?
Bug fixes (may or may not have fixed something that bothered you or I of course)
Adjust fan speed intensity while remaining in AUTO climate
nice life improvement. Question - why it was not implemented with the release of the car?
Confirm Phone Call Transfer
Search for contacts from a connected Bluetooth device
not using this.
View the interior camera from the mobile app while using Dog Mode or Sentry Mode
Not using so do not care
vehicle's energy consumption with the updated Energy app
nice life improvement. Question - why it was not implemented with the release of the car?
Disable Automatic Doors option while parked at home
Improved information about why charge speed may be reduced
Why this was not in the car at release?!
Improvements to route guidance in SatNav
sat nav improvement is just required - still crap.
Improvements to the way that seatbelts tighten and protect properly restrained occupants earlier in a wider array of frontal crashes (I read there were also improved algorithms for deployment of airbags depending on direction of the impact etc.)
You sure? it uses standard seat belt retainers...
greater customization of Sentry Mode
Track Mode
Not in LR models. not relevant
Make video calls with Zoom using the interior cabin camera
lol no. cabin camera disabled. no zoom calls in my car. no zoom app for that matter
Driver Door Unlock Mode (e.g. unlock all doors)
Map Updates (they've never been free in any previous brand I've owned)
Map updates free with BMW, OTA by the way.
During DC fast charging, the thermal system controls optimize for charging stations power capability
more details on this? What thermal system controls? what optimisation? have not seen anything different. How 125 kw or 350 kw or 50 kw charging station influences this?
automatically apply regular brakes for consistent deceleration when regenerative braking is limited due to battery temperature or state of charge
Sentry Mode alarms are silenced if Dog Mode and Sentry Mode are both enabled
Sentry Mode Live Camera Access
this was there for some time. all 2022 as I remember.
Supercharger map pop-up added: historical site occupancy
Reset the learned tire settings directly after a tire rotation, swap, or replacement
Battery Health
Battery heating performance improvements (with a Supercharger destination)
which now consumes even more...
Cabin Overheat Protection
Car Left Open Notifications
Dynamic Brake Lights - emergency braking flashes the brake lights
Remote unlock door (e.g. if frozen)
Route planning now offers up to three routes
Driving warnings now include "Hot brakes" and "aquaplaning" detection
Blind Spot Camera

Disable Sentry Sounds - prevent disturbing neighbours
Driver Profiles / Cloud Profiles
vehicle may apply the brakes to prevent or mitigate a subsequent impact after an initial collision if airbag deployment is detected
Navigation directions relocate when their usual position is blocked
Cabin camera detects and alerts driver inattentiveness
therefore camera is blocked in my car...
Green Traffic Light Chime
Speed Assist
eh??
Read speed limit signs
you mean it cannot read 50% of the time?
Navigation Energy Prediction now incorporates forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature
Additional Bottom Bar Customization
Dog Mode and Camp Mode can now be enabled from the Tesla app
Estimated charging time accuracy improved (accounting for current battery pack temperature)
It actually fails miserably. see Tesla Super Charger conspiracy
Child Lock can now be enabled for a single rear door
SatNav considers vehicle's width when planning routes
Does it though? Seen an example?
When viewing Supercharger details, the list of nearby chargers is no longer obscured
Vehicle preconditioning (from APP) now remain active up to 30 minutes after a door is opened, to allow for vehicle loading without affecting climate control.
Quickly save Dashcam clips by adding the Dashcam icon to your bottom bar
It was always on screen with previous UI. if only they didn't fcuk it up...
View and filter list of nearby Superchargers based on maximum charging power
Autopilot uses more regenerative braking at low speeds for higher efficiency and an improved driving experience, especially in stop-and-go traffic
Tire Pressure now available via API (and therefore subsequently in the APP)
Live traffic data showing also for alternate routes

I wonder how other brands fair in comparison for OTA improvements over about a 12 months period (plus all the Media / Games stuff for those that are interested)
more or less all other brands have OTA and push various updates to their cars. some more, some less.

I do enjoy the fan speed low/medium/high being admired as an example of Tesla innovation. Our 2013 Auris has that. As have the four other new cars I’ve owned between buying that and the Model Y.

Sure, it’s good that that this incredibly basic feature exists now, but it’s a joke that it’s taken this long.

Perhaps, with luck, Tesla will eventually release other decade(s)-old technology like adaptive lights, cooled seats, HUDs, lane keeping/centreing (to replace current “occasionally chuck you out of the lane” tech), adaptive cruise control capable of operating in stop/start traffic……

Reactions: Simavon
I do enjoy the fan speed low/medium/high being admired as an example of Tesla innovation. Our 2013 Auris has that. As have the four other new cars I’ve owned between buying that and the Model Y.

It isn't admired as an example of Tesla innovation ... those are your words. I think you are missing a very important point. The innovative aspect of this example is that a feature that was not previously present on a car bought several years ago has now been added ... and has improved the the daily use of that car. The function itself may not be particularly innovative. The difference is that cars of other brands which have a particular set of features are generally stuck with the same functionalities ... they never change. Ironically this potential to change and improve the vehicles via software also feeds dissatisfaction and frustration ... people now want and expect functions that they believe could be added whereas in other cars they just have to accept what their car came with.

It isn't admired as an example of Tesla innovation ... those are your words. I think you are missing a very important point. The innovative aspect of this example is that a feature that was not previously present on a car bought several years ago has now been added ... and has improved the the daily use of that car. The function itself may not be particularly innovative. The difference is that cars of other brands which have a particular set of features are generally stuck with the same functionalities ... they never change. Ironically this potential to change and improve the vehicles via software also feeds dissatisfaction and frustration ... people now want and expect functions that they believe could be added whereas in other cars they just have to accept what their car came with.
I’m not missing that point, I understand it. What the discussion centred around is what has actually been added recently that is either of any value or should not have been present from day one.

Catching up or closing the gap to other manufacturers is ok, but it’s even better to have those features from new and not to have to wait for an OTA update that may or may not come.

Let’s change the product. Let’s say I have a choice of two fridges, one offers temperature control and cools down as low as 2. If cannot be updated. The other is fixed to 5 degrees but has OTA. After four years, the OTA adds the ability to cool to 4 degrees and enables you to toggle between 4 and 5. After another four years the OTA enables a minimum of 2. Which manufacturer has done a better job of providing a fully functioning product for its lifespan? Many of the OTA ‘upgrades’ talked about fit the model of fridge 2 - hobbled to begin with and eventually catching up.

I like OTA, but it’s what it delivers that is under discussion.

Ironically this potential to change and improve the vehicles via software also feeds dissatisfaction and frustration ... people now want and expect functions that they believe could be added whereas in other cars they just have to accept what their car came with.
PS. This is an amazing piece of spin, congratulations.

People have to accept that that other cars come with more functions, and better-functioning ones. And they have to live with those better functions and features with no expectation of change.

I’m not particularly expecting Tesla to fix or add anything of significance to my car whether I own it for 3 years or ten. If they do, it will be a bonus and a surprise. I’d bet that it will still lag the competition in most of the areas that it currently does. (And, for balance, continue to lead in the areas that made it my car of choice - big boot, good ev drivetrain).

Who has suggested that the fan speed change is being admired as an example of Tesla innovation?
The poster above in listing benefits of OTA. And it’s been mentioned many times on this forum.

I love how we are pulling apart that sentence rather than just admitting it’s a bit crap that it had to be added years into the model’s lifecycle.

Now, please tell me what’s so good that’s been delivered OTA to the Model 3/Y platform since, say, 2021 (I’m happy to not limit this to my period of ownership). That’s what other posters and myself were keen to understand. A piece of great value (to you, not necessarily to me) that isn’t present almost ubiquitously across the market.

Yeah, sure...

nothing for m3 though

Not using so do not care

THIS is huge, really. nice life improvement. Question - why it was not implemented with the release of the car?

not using this.

Not using so do not care

sat nav improvement is just required - still crap.

You sure? it uses standard seat belt retainers...

Not in LR models. not relevant

lol no. cabin camera disabled. no zoom calls in my car. no zoom app for that matter

Map updates free with BMW, OTA by the way.

more details on this? What thermal system controls? what optimisation? have not seen anything different. How 125 kw or 350 kw or 50 kw charging station influences this?

this was there for some time. all 2022 as I remember.

which now consumes even more...

therefore camera is blocked in my car...

eh??

you mean it cannot read 50% of the time?

It actually fails miserably. see Tesla Super Charger conspiracy

Does it though? Seen an example?

It was always on screen with previous UI. if only they didn't fcuk it up...

more or less all other brands have OTA and push various updates to their cars. some more, some less.
I think it’s a case of agree to disagree. Subjective for the most part… if someone is happy with their updates there no need to piss on their parade just because “they are not for you” imho 🙂

The poster above in listing benefits of OTA. And it’s been mentioned many times on this forum.

I love how we are pulling apart that sentence rather than just admitting it’s a bit crap that it had to be added years into the model’s lifecycle.

Now, please tell me what’s so good that’s been delivered OTA to the Model 3/Y platform since, say, 2021 (I’m happy to not limit this to my period of ownership). That’s what other posters and myself were keen to understand. A piece of great value (to you, not necessarily to me) that isn’t present almost ubiquitously across the market.
Nothing really standout to be honest and frank. Sorry if that hurts the feelings of the bright-eyed new owners and the dyed in wool folks. But is what it is.

Biggest ‘real’ change for me came when I upgraded the infotainment system - had to pay 4 figures (and for a new radio - that sucked a bit) though.

Most OTA updates I would honestly describe as ‘tinkering around the edges’ with the UI.

Yep this is an ‘old’ car compared to you guys in younger 3 and Ys - but it still was the better part of £100k to buy new. So yeah Tesla sell you on a bit of dream with some of the promised OTA improvements. Bug fixes and map update sure. Real measurable proper new stuff. Nah

Nothing really standout to be honest and frank. Sorry if that hurts the feelings of the bright-eyed new owners and the dyed in wool folks. But is what it is.

Biggest ‘real’ change for me came when I upgraded the infotainment system - had to pay 4 figures (and for a new radio - that sucked a bit) though.

Most OTA updates I would honestly describe as ‘tinkering around the edges’ with the UI.

Yep this is an ‘old’ car compared to you guys in younger 3 and Ys - but it still was the better part of £100k to buy new. So yeah Tesla sell you on a bit of dream with some of the promised OTA improvements. Bug fixes and map update sure. Real measurable proper new stuff. Nah
Thanks for the clear and genuine reply. That’s how it appeared to me.

It's quite clear that whatever I say will not be agreed by you! The unassailable fact however is that improvements have been made to the car through free software OTA updates. My car is quicker, it charges faster, it has improved aspects which needed to be improved and it has added features that I haven't needed to pay for and that I haven't required to be installed/fitted at a dealership. Whether another car has a similar feature or whether that feature in the other car is better or worse is not relevant to me because I don't own that other model! My point is simply that the OTA updates that a Tesla receives provide an opportunity to develop and improve the car over time ... and that's a good thing.

It's quite clear that whatever I say will not be agreed by you! The unassailable fact however is that improvements have been made to the car through free software OTA updates. My car is quicker, it charges faster, it has improved aspects which needed to be improved and it has added features that I haven't needed to pay for and that I haven't required to be installed/fitted at a dealership. Whether another car has a similar feature or whether that feature in the other car is better or worse is not relevant to me because I don't own that other model! My point is simply that the OTA updates that a Tesla receives provide an opportunity to develop and improve the car over time ... and that's a good thing.
Many people contrast OTA with competitors, hence the comparison with what features competitors offer.

Quicker car and faster charging both sound great! When were they added and how much difference? I guess you have a model 3?

That's fantastic!

Now based on my 12 month experience, nothing important has changed, let alone improved. So all I can surmise from what you said is Teslas must have been REALLY crap back in the day.

• Funny
Reactions: MashinBenzin
Question - why it was not implemented with the release of the car?
If it was to be implemented with the release of the car then you would be looking at the release being this year as they would be delaying release until all software was complete.

I like that Tesla is challenging the "traditional" lifecycle expectations of what it means to own a car. I know people who have other EVs that were released around the same time as the Model Y that require taking back to the dealer to have "mandatory software updates" to fix issues.

Tesla is certainly not getting everything correct (and some things frustratingly wrong), but they have at least have had the foresight to put in place the processes to enable the rapid delivery of changes to the cars that they produce.

To me it feels like the generational leap that happened from "feature phones" to "smart phones" that became a continuously updating device that changed as you owned it. Not everyone is comfortable or likes that paradigm shift.

As a positive thinking approach, Tesla should be using the feedback from people using the cars to continuously improve - however the same feedback can be used to identify the "minimal set" of features that people use and to simplify things to be "just good enough"... I hope that the software team focus on continuously improving rather than getting pressure to "simplify"

Reactions: ringi