Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ukraine - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading the latest Tesla blog on SuC expansion plans and looking at the updated interactive map, it looks to me like they are in talks with WOG Ukraine [ WOG (gas stations) - Wikipedia ] Both markers are either on a WOG gas station or very close to one.

In any case, I think that is a good move since WOG has the Ukrainian bureaucracy figured out and can facilitate quick expansion - being one of the largest gas chains in the nation.

Anyone with more info or inside info from Ukraine have any details or local news mentions, please post here with the links/info.

After reading the latest Tesla blog on SuC expansion plans and looking at the updated interactive map, it looks to me like they are in talks with WOG Ukraine [ WOG (gas stations) - Wikipedia ] Both markers are either on a WOG gas station or very close to one.

In any case, I think that is a good move since WOG has the Ukrainian bureaucracy figured out and can facilitate quick expansion - being one of the largest gas chains in the nation.

Anyone with more info or inside info from Ukraine have any details or local news mentions, please post here with the links/info.

I don't know anything about that situation, or the Ukraine Superchargers. I'd be hesitant to draw any conclusions from the map, though - at least for the future US sites, the map is showing dots in the center of the town they plan to put it in, not the expected future location itself.

@Saghost when the interactive map worked you could zoom in to all of them and see that they were pretty precise... Tesla announces new Supercharger stations with ‘several dozen’ chargers ahead of Model 3 launch

Seems like Tesla disabled the interactive map... shame!

Oh, they are very precise. But likely not very accurate. As I said, at least on the US map it was showing the city centers for intended cities and not the actual address they expect to end up at. I didn't look at the Ukraine locations to know if it is the same thing.

Once i was to Kyiv, and i've took a taxi which was a electrocar. So i suppose it's ok with chargers in Kyiv.
There are tons of Type-1 and Type-2 chargers with currents up to 40A. And home electricity is dirt cheap in Ukraine, about $0.062 per kWh. So it's generally profitable to drive an EV. However fast charging is a huge problem, we have about a dozen of CHaDeMo stations and some CCS-1 and CCS-2 stations with currents up to 150A. Most of them have only one outlet so you'd face a queue in popular places. And no Superchargers at all. However 95% of our Teslas are from the US so EU superchargers won't work anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: mikes_fsd