Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra-Bright LED Interior Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

benjiejr

Technogeekextraordinaire
Nov 20, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
I recently purchased and installed the ultra-bright LED interior lights from Abstract Ocean; I have no affiliation with Abstract Ocean. I have the Premium Interior Lighting Package and feel this is how this upgrade should have come delivered. There are 13 LEDs to replace if you want to replace them all. I made the video below in an attempt to show the difference between the delivered LEDs and the ultra-bright LEDs and to give a little information about cost and time to install. If you've been considering this project, I hope this helps you make a decision one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Ulmo and BBB4000
Great video. Thanks for posting. I'm awaiting delivery of my S without the lighting package. I presume you need the lighting package to install the footwell and interior LEDs.
The only lights you can't easily retrofit are the ambient lights on interior door panel. I don't have the premium lighting package but was able to easily add the two additional trunk lights, the rear footwell lights, and the rear puddle lights - all wiring is there already.

There's a whole thread with detailed installation tips (lots of content to sort through but I can help with any specific questions):

Improved Trunk lighting - Is there demand?

Just installed the 4 light kit. What a difference! Installation was a piece of cake, except getting the rear hatch OEM light out was difficult - very heard to pry out, worrying about it cracking. Also, the little tab to remove the wiring clip was broken off in my car. Otherwise, finding the wires and cutouts for the other two lights was a breeze, as was replacing the frunk light.

I recently purchased and installed the ultra-bright LED interior lights from Abstract Ocean; I have no affiliation with Abstract Ocean. I have the Premium Interior Lighting Package and feel this is how this upgrade should have come delivered. There are 13 LEDs to replace if you want to replace them all. I made the video below in an attempt to show the difference between the delivered LEDs and the ultra-bright LEDs and to give a little information about cost and time to install. If you've been considering this project, I hope this helps you make a decision one way or the other.

Thank you!!! I've been waiting to get info on fixing the stock insanely insufficient lighting in the PIP. I'll look into this. That video really shows the difference.

Reactions: benjiejr