Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra White Seats - Unfnished area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Ultra White seats in my Model X. On the driver's and front passenger seats, the area where the seat hits the backrest seems to be made of a different material. It appears to be unfinished leather (i.e. not smooth). I'm wondering if this is so it doesn't squeak?

Anyway, this rough area seems prone to staining. The rest of the seats have head up great. However, the rough area (see attached picture) catches my jean dye easier.

Just want to make sure this rough patch is normal. Can others with ultra white look at their seats and this section in particular?

Thanks
IMG_0961.JPG

Granted, not leather, but not smooth. I.e., it doesn't have a slick surface. Rather it feels like rough leather, like you'd have on the inside of a leather shoe. Yes, I know its synthetic, but it really feels like rough leather.

I have the Ultra White seats in my Model X. On the driver's and front passenger seats, the area where the seat hits the backrest seems to be made of a different material. It appears to be unfinished leather (i.e. not smooth). I'm wondering if this is so it doesn't squeak?

Anyway, this rough area seems prone to staining. The rest of the seats have head up great. However, the rough area (see attached picture) catches my jean dye easier.

Just want to make sure this rough patch is normal. Can others with ultra white look at their seats and this section in particular?

ThanksView attachment 183001
Yup. Have it on mine too.

Does that section of your seats look 'ultra-white' or is it dingy like mine? That area seems to stain easily. I'm wondering if they just didn't put the stain resistance on that section on my seats.
Not quite as "Ultra White" but not exactly dingy. Then again I took delivery on Monday.

I'll have to check but I don't see how my pants will even touch that spot. Maybe they do.

I have the same material in between the seats in the second row. I've had the car for a couple of months and it looks greyish now which makes it stand out against the white seats. I can tell with time it will get nastier. Right now every little spec of dirt sticks to it because it is a flannel-like type material. When moving the outer seats forward the sides rub against each other so I'd guess the friction will only make it worse.

I don't think this is something they can fix so I'm trying to get used to it :confused: