Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I've been drinking too much of the kool aid, but I'm getting the white seats. I normally never buy white seats as I'm a habitual jeans wearer. I decided based on the synthetic and stain resistant qualities initially but I' was impressed with the test drive vehicles. These vehicles were being wiped down each evening and with the tan leather it still looked grubby to me. The ultra white looked pristine. What I also realized recently was that my dark seats in my model S while still looking dark, had a blue tinge that shows up when I clean them. Because I can't see the tinge, I tend not to clean them as often but they inevitably don't look as good as they should.

Lots of talk here about blue jeans. I don't know about the white seats either way, but I would like to say that unless you are wearing new dark blue jeans (unwashed or washed just once) there shouldn't be any dye coming off. They newer style jeans are "prewashed" or "acid washed" depending on the style, and these tend to be prefaded.

Just something to note. If I get a new pair of dark (not prewashed jeans), I always wash first even before I wear them. I've gotten blue legs, not just blue furniture.

White seats here. I've had the car 5 days now and have put about 400 miles on it. Wife and I absolutely love the white seats. Have two kids, [almost] 11 and 13 years. Ask me again in a few months how I feel about the white seats. So far, so good.

Blue jeans dye is the worst and transfers to every seat material I know of. I've seen reports that it wipes off of the white synthetic Tesla seats very easily. Not so easily with the tan leather. Go black if you don't want to worry about it at all. Personally, I'm sick of black leather seats and have had too many cars recently with black leather.

Reactions: xkwizit and 1208
Lots of talk here about blue jeans. I don't know about the white seats either way, but I would like to say that unless you are wearing new dark blue jeans (unwashed or washed just once) there shouldn't be any dye coming off. They newer style jeans are "prewashed" or "acid washed" depending on the style, and these tend to be prefaded.
Modern denim, especially dark blue/indigo, will continue to fade and can rub-off... being pre-washed won't change that. (It helps with initial shrinking, though.) "Faded" jeans just aren't as popular as they were in their hey-day... but maybe the "dad jeans" look is ironically cool now? ;-)

Blue jeans dye is the worst and transfers to every seat material I know of. I've seen reports that it wipes off of the white synthetic Tesla seats very easily.

Where have you seen these reports about blue Jean dye transfer being wiped off easily?

I have yet to hear about blue Jean transferring much less being cleaned easily.

I have heard of the white seats being easier to clean but never referring to blue Jean dye.

Great tip for keeping the ultra white interior clean!
IMG_7424.JPG

Over 10,000 miles on our X with a couple major road trips with the kids (ages 7 and 11). Lots of spills of food and drinks (smoothies, goldfish, etc). Have the ultra white interior. Today I found out my 7 year old has been writing with a pencil on the falcon wing door arm rest (which is also covered with the ultra white material). The pencil lead wiped right off and it totally disappeared. Seats are still just as white and clean as the day we received the X. Only place that is a touch dirty is the material surrounding the seat belt buckles. The third row seat buckle area is the dirtiest area of the seats and its not that bad. If I wanted to clean them and get them looking almost new I could, but there isn't any point to do so with the kids riding in the car every day for school. The seats are holding up great and I would not let fear of stains stop you from getting them.

Just to be on the safe side, I think I will start to throw away all my blue jeans n slowly switch to cargo pants, white jeans, non-jeans material Bermudas when I get my Tesla. :)
Shhh.. don't say that again else Tesla will list it beside gas savings and federal credit to lower the cost of Tesla's!

Gas Savings - $7000
Jeans Savings - $2000
... ...

Where have you seen these reports about blue Jean dye transfer being wiped off easily?

I have yet to hear about blue Jean transferring much less being cleaned easily.

I have heard of the white seats being easier to clean but never referring to blue Jean dye.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove blue jean stains. My wife has this problem in her Q7 with tan leather. We keep a magic eraser in the car, works well on trim for shoe scuffs also.

image.jpeg

Aha! So finally someone admits blue jean stains are a thing!

Oh, its a thing! I'm a habitual jeans wearer and I found light leather seats to be in a constant state of blueness. I have drake leather seats now which hide it but when I get around to cleaning the leather, there is a blue tinge to the dirt that comes off the seats. I'm thinking (hoping) that these seats will be easier to clean than leather and that they will ultimately be cleaner than my dark seats as I will be able to see any blue tinge more quickly.