Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had perforated white seats for four years now in my S85. How? It was an option for Signature cars only. Over the past 4 years and 40,000 miles the seats have held up very well. I have used a cleaning cloth twice in all that time I think and they are bright, shiny and no problem with debris in the perforations.

In fact, it was the recent and unexpected availability of the new Premium White Perforated (and ventilated) seats that pushed me over the edge to buy an S90D (red) with the white seats to replace my dear 2012 Sig 85.

I think you will be very pleased, I certainly have been. Received many compliments and "oh wow" when people check out the car.
Those appear to be tan - is that just the white balance in the photo? They look great, regardless.

I wonder if it is easier to software hack the ambient lights or to hardware hack them. I think if it could be done in software, it would be a cleaner and more seamless hack because algorithms would control them to turn on at the desired times. Maybe George Hotz could work on this now that comma ai is going open-source.:rolleyes:

You would think Tesla would allow customers to upgrade packages after purchase. Say for example at the yearly maintenance check-up, the tech comes to you and says, would you want 90% of the PUP features for $4000-$5000? If yes, he then installs the Hepa filter and turns on all software flags to give you BioWeapons Defense mode, ambient lighting, self-presenting driver's door, LED turning lights, Fog Lights, phone dock, etc.

It could be another revenue stream for Tesla. Just saying...

Agreed it would be cool if they offered it. They already do post sales upgrades so it's a win-win. Hacking the software though becomes a legal issue. I was merely interested in connecting the existing hardware (lights) to existing power wiring.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Agreed it would be cool if they offered it. They already do post sales upgrades so it's a win-win. Hacking the software though becomes a legal issue. I was merely interested in connecting the existing hardware (lights) to existing power wiring.
I agree that hacking the software becomes a sticky point. However, I'm not certain how Tesla restricts the ambient lighting. They could:
(a) disconnect from power (hardware restriction) or
(b) prevent operation from within the software
If it's (b), the lights may already be connected to power.

Yes though I like the lighter color headliners in this case the black suits better. I believe Tesla made a few white seat cars with the lighter headliner and then their designer discontinued it.
Thanks for the response. I've been vacillating between the white seats and the black leather with the white headliner. Only considering the black leather for the white headliner, but maybe the white seats/black headliner will be okay.

I have ultra white seats in a brand new Midnight Silver 90D, and have worn dark jeans twice, already seeing blue staining. Just spent about 15 minutes trying to clean the drivers seat w a magic eraser, and think i got most of it out w heavy scrubbing. But at this poiny really wishing i had gone w black, even though i love the look of the white against the dark exterior, black carpet and black headliner. Just don't think they're going to be white long term - hope I'm wrong.

I have ultra white seats in a brand new Midnight Silver 90D, and have worn dark jeans twice, already seeing blue staining. Just spent about 15 minutes trying to clean the drivers seat w a magic eraser, and think i got most of it out w heavy scrubbing. But at this poiny really wishing i had gone w black, even though i love the look of the white against the dark exterior, black carpet and black headliner. Just don't think they're going to be white long term - hope I'm wrong.

Have you tried cleaning them? It might just be on the surface. We experienced the same with our old gray leather seats, but a quick swipe and it was gone.

Magic eraser is way too abrasive for this! Try a wet wipe, you'll be amazed.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Have your jeans ever been washed? Or were they wet? Blue jeans are the only thing I ever wear, and have yet to see any staining on my seats.

Have your jeans ever been washed? Or were they wet? Blue jeans are the only thing I ever wear, and have yet to see any staining on my seats.
Same here. I guess it depends on the jeans..some type of jeans would rub off color on anything. It's been nine months since we have had white seats and normal use..road trips, teenagers and never more than a wet wipe to clean them

I have the ultra white seats in my 90D which was delivered in June. I wear dark blue jeans almost everyday. The seats will take a blue hue after a week but a quick wipe with a wet microfiber towel and it comes right off. Ever few weeks I also clean it with a rag with leather cleaner to give it a real good clean. After seven months it still looks like new. Don't use a magic eraser, it'll scrub off the protective coating.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and ohmman