Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally a little hesitant about the UW seats on my Model S mainly because my wife didn't like them when she saw them on a Model X in the showroom (there were no UW in any Model S in the Bay Area at that time, so model X was the best we could look at prior to ordering). Now having had the car for a month, I'm super impressed. They still look brand new and zero stains or color transfer - haven't even had the chance to utilize my new wet wipes to clean them yet. But most surprising is how comfortable they are. Non ventilated (that option went away before I could get it) but even in the summer, they are cool. And a good compromise between sporty/supportive and comfortable/soft. Looking forward to a time in the near future when my wife admits she actually likes them (as opposed to simply not saying she doesn't like them - which has already happened) ;)

If you go to the order page on Tesla.com, the white seats are not listed as leather in the Interior option when you are building a car, unlike the black or tan options.

But here's the story on them:

Tesla now offers a vegan interior option and next gen premium in-house seats in all its models

Right. Ultraleather is NOT genuine cowhide leather. It's a synthetic polyurethane-based coated fabric (vinyl) that is used as a leather alternative.

Original | ultrafabrics

I am a distributor of this material. Check out 291-0001 - that is what is used in these cars, and it is soft as a baby's butt, and more durable than most of the vinyls in the market.

• Informative
Reactions: Ski_
Right. Ultraleather is NOT genuine cowhide leather. It's a synthetic polyurethane-based coated fabric (vinyl) that is used as a leather alternative.

Original | ultrafabrics

I am a distributor of this material. Check out 291-0001 - that is what is used in these cars, and it is soft as a baby's butt, and more durable than most of the vinyls in the market.

Great product ( good support and holds up much better vs. leather ) and link has a good set of instructions for care.

Reactions: ahkahn
At first I thought this was a waste of money.

Not only does it look awesome in real life, but they are so comfortable!

Wish I had it in my Model S. I really recommend it for those who are considering it.
So I am curious about the comfort comments that you and others have made in this thread. Are the seats themselves that comfortable? Or is there something about the white non-leather fabric that makes these seats more comfortable than the same seat design with leather on it?

So I am curious about the comfort comments that you and others have made in this thread. Are the seats themselves that comfortable? Or is there something about the white non-leather fabric that makes these seats more comfortable than the same seat design with leather on it?

My Model S75D which was delivered Dec. 2016 had the default seat. My Model X100D, was new inventory car.

Originally the seats were never my concern. $3,300 is definitely overpriced but as an inventory car that had huge discount, I swallowed it despite I didn't want Ultra White Seats. I had no choice.

Well, comparing to my Model S seats, it is so comfortable and I feel more cushion and relaxed.

Now you can tell which car I am driving more. ;)

Reactions: ModelX

You know, its the seats themselves. I have ventilated UV seats on my MX and drove a brand new MS loaner. Night and day. My seats are like seating on a gel pillow. New MS seats were very firm, like on my Audi Q5.

Original | ultrafabrics

Since you sell the material do you have any recommendations to clean it? I have a few blue jean marks on mine and some grease from the last SC visit.