TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ultra White Seats

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Maximilien, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

At first I thought this was a waste of money.

Not only does it look awesome in real life, but they are so comfortable!

Wish I had it in my Model S. I really recommend it for those who are considering it.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

I got them in my new S 90D. Love them! Ultraleather is some amazing material.... I sell it, and now I'm glad it's in the car.

3. hly

hly Member

It is not ultraleather
    But it's beautiful and comfortable

4. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

I just took delivery of my 2017 Model X 90D. It is Deep Metallic Blue on an Ultrawhite 6 seat interior. Love it!

Andrew

• Like x 2
  5. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

What makes you say it's not Ultraleather?

6. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

You must have the sister to mine.... I saw there were two of them, and one sold a couple of hours before mine. It was located in Ohio... is that yours?

7. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

Nope, I'm in San Diego! How long ago did you get your car?

Andrew

8. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Last week :)

• Like x 1
  9. CameronB

CameronB Member

I was originally a little hesitant about the UW seats on my Model S mainly because my wife didn't like them when she saw them on a Model X in the showroom (there were no UW in any Model S in the Bay Area at that time, so model X was the best we could look at prior to ordering). Now having had the car for a month, I'm super impressed. They still look brand new and zero stains or color transfer - haven't even had the chance to utilize my new wet wipes to clean them yet. But most surprising is how comfortable they are. Non ventilated (that option went away before I could get it) but even in the summer, they are cool. And a good compromise between sporty/supportive and comfortable/soft. Looking forward to a time in the near future when my wife admits she actually likes them (as opposed to simply not saying she doesn't like them - which has already happened) ;)

• Like x 3
  10. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

I took delivery of my 2017 Model X 100D. It is Deep Metallic Blue on an Ultrawhite 6 seat interior. It's outstanding in appearance and, though relatively new, I have over 8,000 miles on it and the white look amazing.

11. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

12. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Right. Ultraleather is NOT genuine cowhide leather. It's a synthetic polyurethane-based coated fabric (vinyl) that is used as a leather alternative.

Original | ultrafabrics

I am a distributor of this material. Check out 291-0001 - that is what is used in these cars, and it is soft as a baby's butt, and more durable than most of the vinyls in the market.

• Informative x 1
  13. VBXATL

VBXATL Member

I wonder why Tesla hasn’t started offering other colors in this material?

14. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Great product ( good support and holds up much better vs. leather ) and link has a good set of instructions for care.

• Like x 1
  15. David29

David29 Supporting Member

So I am curious about the comfort comments that you and others have made in this thread. Are the seats themselves that comfortable? Or is there something about the white non-leather fabric that makes these seats more comfortable than the same seat design with leather on it?

16. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

My Model S75D which was delivered Dec. 2016 had the default seat. My Model X100D, was new inventory car.

Originally the seats were never my concern. $3,300 is definitely overpriced but as an inventory car that had huge discount, I swallowed it despite I didn't want Ultra White Seats. I had no choice.

Well, comparing to my Model S seats, it is so comfortable and I feel more cushion and relaxed.

Now you can tell which car I am driving more. ;)

• Like x 1
  17. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

You know, its the seats themselves. I have ventilated UV seats on my MX and drove a brand new MS loaner. Night and day. My seats are like seating on a gel pillow. New MS seats were very firm, like on my Audi Q5.

18. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Ditto.

19. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

It's about 10x the cost of regular vinyl (leatherette, faux leather, or whatever fancy name they call it now) and most auto companies only offer 2-4 interior options anyway (to keep production costs down)... so there really isn't much room for other colors as an option.

20. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

Since you sell the material do you have any recommendations to clean it? I have a few blue jean marks on mine and some grease from the last SC visit.