Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Um, WTH?! Anyone else ever had the dash leak water into the drivers footwell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if so if they know what Tesla is likely going to have to fix here. In short, ran out to grab some takeout in my 2018 75D and I had flip flops on for a change. Pulled into my garage and when I was getting out I felt wetness - not just dampness - near my foot which was alarming because I hadn't had any drinks or other fluids in the car at all. It was dark but using the flashlight on my phone as best I can tell the drippage may be coming from above the accelerator pedal. The floorboard below the mat didn't seem damp in my quick check, but the mat itself is wet - about a 4"-5" diameter spot.

Again, I'd love to hear if someone has seen this. As it stands, sounds like my car is going in for service.

Figured, but didn’t want to assume. Car wash?

Sounds like the air conditioner evaporator drain may be plugged? Sometimes the hose gets pinched or a bug crawls in and perishes.

Not sure if there is much humidity there these days...

Do you see any puddles under the car when the AC is running? Normally the water should drain.

My old (non Tesla) used to dump water in my feet when I took a sharp turn.

I can’t think of any other water sources under there. Possibly - Windshield washer. Coolant system. Those would have some color and possibly feel slick (although I’ve never messed with the coolant in a Tesla so not sure).

Interesting. That was my theory - though not that it would be designed to actually work that way. It was especially weird because it was probably 78 outside and the A/C was set on 76 so I didn't even realize if it was cycling. But I think you're right. Can a mobile ranger fix that or does it require a shop visit?

Interesting. That was my theory - though not that it would be designed to actually work that way. It was especially weird because it was probably 78 outside and the A/C was set on 76 so I didn't even realize if it was cycling. But I think you're right. Can a mobile ranger fix that or does it require a shop visit?
It CAN be done by a ranger if you know what it is, but chances are the plastic cracked or broke which requires a) warranty service and a visit to the SC or b) you can fix it yourself with epoxy.