TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

UMC 14-30 Adapter - Grey or Black?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by fwgmills, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fwgmills

fwgmills Supporting Member

In anticipation of them disappearing again I ordered some adapters for the UMC. One of them was the unicorn 14-30 adapter, but I noticed that the other adapters (5-20, 6-50) are black and the 14-30 I got was gray. I thought the gray ones were the ones being recalled. Is there any way I can tell, perhaps with a serial/part number? I noticed that there is a long number lasered into the UMC side of the adapter. The number there is D17B0001424. I know I could call Tesla to find out but I don't even have an car order yet so it's not critical. I just like to plan ahead.

2. fwgmills

fwgmills Supporting Member

I should have posted this under "Batteries & Charging" but I can't find a way to delete my original post. Sorry about that. :(

3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

• Like x 2
  4. tga

tga Supporting Member

I think that's a serial number. Flip it over and look between the pins on the other side - the part number is embossed there.

The recall link above mentions P/N 1018243-00-C. The one I got today was 1018243-10-D. They shipped a small box with both replacements (10-30 and 14-30).

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

yikes, my 10-30 is 1016174-00-B...