Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC bag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard preamble - I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer...so here's my question:

Does anyone have suggestions on how to best organize the UMC in the bag? I was trying to make it so that the two plugs were outside the bag and the excess cable was inside so that things were tidier and I noticed that the non-mesh side has some interesting stitched in loops but I can't figure out how they are supposed to be used.

There's a thin stitched area in the center that doesn't have a hole, a smaller loop that either end of the cable can fit through, and then a velcro loop that is barely big enough to wrap around one loop of cable.

Has anyone got photos of how they keep their cable in the UMC for ease of use and organization?

I think I might make a hole in the divider between the two sides so that the 14-50/5-15 connector end comes out of one side (likely the solid side) and the rest of the cable goes through to the mesh and then comes out there and the zippers can be used to close off the bag on either side and there isn't excess cable sitting around on the ground.

Thanks, that's what I've been doing too but trying to decipher what the intention was of the bag's designers with regards to the loops and things on the inside of the bag.

A large tote bag would be just as good for holding the UMC and adapters but they gave us a nice 2 sided zippered bag and I wonder if anyone has helpful information on how to take advantage of the bag, not just the large trunk/frunk space for throwing things.

Mine is still factory packaged. I will be using it on my road trip in Easter and I can't forget it. I have an EVSE for my other EV that I use for my Tesla (30A@240V is more than sufficient for charging).

The factory packaging is very neat -- it is basically how @JohnnyG described above.

Reactions: JohnnyG