TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UMC Cord Organizers

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by nostik, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nostik

nostik Member

Anxiously waiting for my 75 delivery and been getting my garage ready. I'm curious to know what people are doing to organize UMC cord and the handle. I'm ready to be inspired!

2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

tinkercad 3d print them.. Tons of fun.

3. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Congrats on the new car. Good time to get stuff ready for it. We installed a 14-50 outlet and bought Tesla's cable organizer to use with the UMC. Simple design, looks good and reasonably priced. Figured our beautiful car deserved something stylish and minimal on the wall too.

Will add that as soon as the corded mobile connector comes back in stock we're ordering it so we don't have to keep pulling the adapter and connector out all the time from the bag in our car.

4. TechVP

TechVP Active Poster

If you guys are talking about cable organization on the wall, there was a discussion in one of the charging threads that recommended this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KTLP10/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Gecko's Toes Water Hose Rack
    Put two of these together and wind your cord out of the way.
    Its more likely to be useful w/ the High Power Wall Charger, but I thought I would mention it.
    I have 2, and they hold the cord on the HPWC quite well. YMMV.
    -TechVP

5. nostik

nostik Member

Looks like the cable organizer is out of stock =( hopefully they'll bring it back soon!

6. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

7. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

Guess a lot of new owners buying the corded mobile and organizer. Good sign for Tesla car sales. Should be back in stock before the onslaught of M3 cars.

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Excellent recommendation, I use one of these for each HPWC's cable, works great to organize the 24' cable and the open hook at the top can use the part you use 'often' if you don't always need the whole length. Be sure to get the air hose size, as they have several 'gauges'. (See pix in my sig.)

9. kort677

kort677 Active Member

10. svp6

svp6 Member

Tesla cable organizer (25$) + bicycle bottle rack to hold the UMC (no cost, from old bike) = perfect solution

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. nostik

nostik Member

12. JPP

JPP Active Member

• Like x 1