Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC Garage Mounting Solution

chevycc

May 10, 2018
Seattle
Got my M3 today.
Got home and got this solution for now for charging.

I call it a-bucket-of-cable mounting solution. It's hooked up to a wall charger on the other side of garage for now.

I hope this is not a new low for tesla owners
IMG_7402.jpg

Autolycus

Apr 1, 2016
ATL
I don't have a Tesla yet, but I assume that thing will get very hot while charging. Make sure to check the temp and see if the bucket is melting after a long charge session.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
I don't have a Tesla yet, but I assume that thing will get very hot while charging. Make sure to check the temp and see if the bucket is melting after a long charge session.

doesn’t get too hot if it’s in the open.

Still wise to check as a coil will hold more heat.

tpham07

Mar 21, 2017
Rhode Island
the UMC gets warm but not too warm to touch. if it doesn't scald my hand its not going to melt a bucket.

i honestly love the ingenuity.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC