TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UMC handle stuck in the charging port longer than it should

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by CME, Feb 6, 2015.

1. CME

CME Member

I usually need to wait 5~10 seconds after grasping the handle (with thumb pressing the button), until the locking mechanism releases it; but some times it takes much longer, like 20~30 seconds. Am I doing anything wrong? is there a fix?

I always made sure the doors are unlocked before attempting the unplugging.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Get in touch with service because it should be almost instant. It's been almost instant for me, rarely do I have to wait.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@CME, what you describe is not normal behavior. Contact your Service Center.

4. CME

CME Member

@jerry33 @ecarfan good to know, will get in touch with the service center.

5. CME

CME Member

After talking to people, I've discovered that push-before-Pull strategy works very well, my handle is no longer stuck in the charging port !!