Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC not locking to adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone's not do thighs is anymore? On friday I was getting ready to head out of town with some friends and my hubby was packing me and the car up. He was staying back with the kids. I popped the UMC off and the 14-50 adapter and took the 10-30 adapter I would be using. We then noticed that the adapter would no longer lock into place it would still charge the car ok but it just won't lock. I called the SC and they said they are all out of UMC and it shouldn't hurt the car and will replace when they get more in but this worries me a bit since this is my main form of charging my car. Anyone else?

The only thing I can think of is that the button was held down when inserting an adapter. The metal loop that allows the adapter to lock on will get bent. If this is the problem, it should be visible.

I just had the same issue. My charge cable would try to lock and fail many times before finally locking and charge starting. I took it to my SC and the replaced my UMC. Everything working fine again. They said that they have seen a lot of this happening and they think it has to do with the extreme cold weather we had up here in the northeast.