Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC Tug-of-War; Could it be SW Release 5.9 (1.51.109)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I was going crazy as well, have always just done a single press, gotten the 3 'clicks' fro the mechanism, then pulled. Since the update found myself in the tug of war situation where I had to be faster than the car. Good to know that I've been doing it wrong these past 9 months!

Major tug of war today, installed .109 two days ago & today was the first time disconnecting after charging, pressed the button & the ring turned white & heard the click but couldn't pull it out, tried again no go, tried a couple of times then ring turned red, got the fob out & tried unlocking & locking but ring stayed red :cursing:

I didn't think of checking the center counsel but when I looked at the UMC unit the green power light was gone so I disconnected it from the wall outlet & was finally able to disconnect from the car, came home plugged back into the wall & it doesn't look like the breaker tripped so not sure what went on.

I'm seeing the same thing. Before .109 I pushed the button on the UMC connector, released the button and waited for the cord to unlock before pulling it out. Now, I have to depress the UMP button and keep it held in to release the cord. Not a big deal, but it is different and something that took a little getting used to (and different than I was trained on car delivery).

Adam

I've had the same experience after the most recent update. I've had my Tesla for just over one year now and have ALWAYS simply pressed the UMC button once (press and release), wait for the click-click-click noises to stop, then pulled the connector out. Updated the software over the weekend and experienced the same tug-of-war as the OP. Finally figured out the "press-and-hold" trick a few minutes into the battle. For a while there I was wondering how I was going to get to work.

I'm totally cool with this being the required unplug protocol now, but it would have been nice to have been alerted in some way that this behaviour had changed.

Wow, there are no unanswered questions on the TMC. I almost didn't look here as I assumed my memory was playing tricks. I was previously pressing the button once waiting for the lamp to change color and click, then removing the charger. Like everyone else I originally figured out that holding the button would work. Maybe we were supposed to be doing that all along but it definitely worked with a single button press before upgrading.