Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Umm...I don't think so.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image001 (1).png

I hadn't seen this anywhere on the forum, apologies if it's redundant.

View attachment 524523

I hadn't seen this anywhere on the forum, apologies if it's redundant.

I’d rather snort a line of powdered scorpion peppers and flavor my drinks with ipecac syrup than buy any current Lexus. They’ve done a spectacular job of making very high quality vehicles that are boring, soulless appliances.

It's the "better than a Honda but still not as good as an Acura" toyota vehicle.
Lexus consistently tops most quality, perceived quality, customer satisfaction, reliability, etc, industry survey. For a long time. Something Acura can't say.

They're credited with bringing Japanese carmaking to legitimacy, matching the Germans. And I'd say they have a much stronger brand equity than Acura does.

Lexus consistently tops most quality, perceived quality, customer satisfaction, reliability, etc, industry survey. For a long time. Something Acura can't say. .

Yup....(we have an acura too-it's fine, but the Lexus was better)

If Lexus hadn't spent the last 10 years making their cars less interesting and lower performance I'd probably still own one.

My car prior to my Model 3 was a 2008 IS350...which the year I bought it (2007) outperformed the comparable BMW 3 series. 11 years of ownership, 0 issues ever, absolutely fantastic car, service was outstanding the very few times I ever had to use em (windshield replacement, couple courtesy oil changes, and 2 precautionary safety campaigns).... and after 11 years of ownership I was able to sell it for over 35% of what I paid for it new too.

But over the next 2 generations they just kept adding weight and minor infotainment upgrades to otherwise largely the same car with same engine- making it slower, poorer handling, dropping the higher performance trim (IS-F) entirely, and giving me no reason to even consider a newer one.... today they're STILL using the same 2GR-FSE motor they first used in a car 15 years ago.

Meanwhile all the standard ICE sport sedan competition have left them far behind in everything except solid build quality, and the Model 3 came along and crushed most of them in everything else.... pretty sad situation.

• Informative
Reactions: Tron 3
Yup....(we have an acura too-it's fine, but the Lexus was better)

If Lexus hadn't spent the last 10 years making their cars less interesting and lower performance I'd probably still own one.
That's the same story for both brands which is kinda sad. Arguably Acura has an even less exciting lineup, only because Lexus still retained the yamaha co-designed V8 in some models.

We have a 2019 RX in the family. The infotainment is frankly atrocious - very unexpected for something coming out of Japan.

It’s a legal search tool.
So Yesterday , Sunday afternoon, I get a call from Mitchell at the Tesla sales center in West Palm Beach. He indicated that there was plenty of car stock on the ground and was I interested in trading my Model 3 LR AWD . that had 14,000 miles on it. He indicated that I had been on line to the Tesla site and knew I was looking at a Model Y and what options I looked at ?!!. I explained that those facts were true , But I just received this car on May 2nd 2019 and I would have thought that a car in its 3 year of Production would have been more sorted out. Mostly software up dates related . Which is currently fixed and working well after 60 days of going back & forth to the SC & online techs. So my answer to Mitchell was not just ,no thank you , BUT HELL NO THANK YOU. I now feel that confidence, My Model 3 is working well , as designed. and will give it to my Wife to replace her Smart car. Which she just loves. So my purchase of a new model Y will wait until the 3rd year of its production. And I will stick by my well learned known lessons . Thanks but no thanks Mitchell ! BTY Mitchell was quite nice on the Phone . If he is still at the sales center in 2 years , I'll reaproach him and work on another sale. CHEERS _PTE_