Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Umm, I think your rear cup's showing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, thought I'd start a thread on this based on the fact that I'm starting to hear that new builds of the Tesla Model S will possibly have cup holders for rear seat passengers! This may be a "small" issue, but one that did strike me as odd, especially given that the Model X does already have this.

@SD_Engnr had mentioned on a post last week about this comment from a Tesla OA (ownership advisor), and that really peaked my interest (and hope!). @blc1017 picked up on this and will hopefully confirm if this is correct or not soon after picking up their Model S.

I ordered my Model S yesterday, and actually asked my Tesla OA before pulling the trigger on my order, and he did not deny it, indicating that I "will have a nice addition when I pick up my car". ;)

Have any of you heard (or seen!) anything to confirm or deny this?

Thank you!

Hey, thought I'd start a thread on this based on the fact that I'm starting to hear that new builds of the Tesla Model S will possibly have cup holders for rear seat passengers! This may be a "small" issue, but one that did strike me as odd, especially given that the Model X does already have this.

@SD_Engnr had mentioned on a post last week about this comment from a Tesla OA (ownership advisor), and that really peaked my interest (and hope!). @blc1017 picked up on this and will hopefully confirm if this is correct or not soon after picking up their Model S.

I ordered my Model S yesterday, and actually asked my Tesla OA before pulling the trigger on my order, and he did not deny it, indicating that I "will have a nice addition when I pick up my car". ;)

Have any of you heard (or seen!) anything to confirm or deny this?

Thank you!
I'll pick up my car on Saturday and will let you know.

• Love
Reactions: singleview
Picked up a new Model S 75D today. No rear cup holders. :( Now I have to wait for somebody to come out with a rear seat console in tan and figured ash...

Many Tesla owners do not allow any eating or drinking in the car. For the last 4 years, we allow bottled water only, which doesn't need a cup holder. Cup holders encourage open containers. That would invite leaving an open drink, and you know they would spill. At least they would spill if they were our kid.

So, think of all the money you save. if anyone wonders why no cup holders, you can tell them they wouldn't need them anyway.