Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Umm.. unions, innovation, autoparts?? or something

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that they had to be bailed out, then, right up until mid June 2010 were lying through their teeth about the ICE never driving the Volt's wheels disgusts me...GM has still not learned their PR lessons...you do not accept a government mandated bailout using taxpayer's funds, then show your gratitude by continuing to lie to consumers (nee taxpayers)...very bad form!

The fact that they had to be bailed out, then, right up until mid June 2010 were lying through their teeth about the ICE never driving the Volt's wheels disgusts me...GM has still not learned their PR lessons...you do not accept a government mandated bailout using taxpayer's funds, then show your gratitude by continuing to lie to consumers (nee taxpayers)...very bad form!
Don't forget calling the volt an electric car which is also a lie.

-All aluminum construction. Those of you in the rust belt know what I'm talking about here.

Aluminum oxidizes. Just look at all those oxidized aluminum wheels. Galvanized steel on the other hand, I see a lot of porsche's 924s and 944s still running without any signs of rust. If it does have it, it most likely was in a fender bender.

Aluminum oxidizes. Just look at all those oxidized aluminum wheels. Galvanized steel on the other hand, I see a lot of porsche's 924s and 944s still running without any signs of rust. If it does have it, it most likely was in a fender bender.

<science> Aluminum oxide inhibits rust, which is why aluminum corrodes very slowly. Iron oxide is a catalyst for oxidation, which is why unprotected steel rusts so quickly. Galvinized steel has a surface coating applied to protect the metal, which works well unless it is pitted or otherwise damaged. </science>

156023286v4_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

<science> nice :) </science>

My main point was that your car wont look like a piece of Swiss cheese after a few winters of salty roads.

Unless it's made out of pure gold or non-metal you will have some form of oxidation or patina.