Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to access app... Should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I reserved my Model 3 in December '17 and ordered on August 9th (edited order on the 23rd). I have read in multiple threads that those with a Model 3 order should have access to the Tesla app; for their referral code, support videos, etc. My order screen also says to download the app for my referral code.

However, anytime I attempt to log-in to the app, I get an error that says "Sign-In Failed: There are no products linked to your Tesla account."

I called Tesla support and explained the issue. After being on hold for quite some time I was told that I should not have access to the app until I take delivery. I then asked how I was supposed to access my referral code, and why several others who do not have the car yet can access the app? I was placed on hold again and finally told that there was no solution as of yet.

So now I can't help but fear that something is wrong with my account. I don't want an issue on their end to potentially affect my order. The fact that I have a RWD order and still an edit button also concerns me with how fast most RWD orders seem to be moving along.

Anyone else with this app issue?

I do nothave a delivery date scheduled yet and have not received the email. Edit button has been long gone. Reserved 11-10-16, confirmed order with additional down on 07-03-18. (8 weeks). Loaded app at that time and have all of the above mentioned videos and loot box and referral code showing. Long range AWD, Pearl White, 18" aero wheels, premium interior, premium black interior, enhanced autopilot. Waiting with everyone else for the famous Email and phone call. I'm on Dauphin Island, AL (Mobile, AL).