Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to access Tesla.com account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to use the card on my return drive home today. How many of you carry it with you?
I carry it in my wallet. Glad too. Sounds like a system thing. My phone had just update to Android 11 and I thought that caused it. But my wife's iPHone has the problem as well.

I don't understand. I thought it was supposed to use bluetooth once paired. Why is a system problem doing anything with my app/car?

I was able to get to the log in screen but after logging in, the only result is a black that after awhile show the image below. That string changes every time.

Screenshot_20200923-140223.png

Normally, if using the App it does need a Data connection, that is why they tell you to always carry the card in case you do not have a Data Connection. If you have a newer Android Phone with a NFC chip you can use the Phone on the door pillar in place of the Card. Used in this manner you do not need a Data Connection...

Normally, if using the App it does need a Data connection, that is why they tell you to always carry the card in case you do not have a Data Connection. If you have a newer Android Phone with a NFC chip you can use the Phone on the door pillar in place of the Card. Used in this manner you do not need a Data Connection...

The app does not need a data connection to enter the car. But it does need a previously logged in app session so that Bluetooth can authenticate. Thats why you can enter the whilst in a deep underground carpark and not a radio wave in sight. However, if you log the app out, you are in trouble without keycard etc.

I guess I'll have to wait for the next outage to test this out. I do have NFC on but when it first happened I figured it was the Android update (had just updated to 11 a few minutes before). I tried rebooting and then uninstall/re-install so I'm logged out until the system is back online. But in the meantime, I had bought another set of cards. You can activate those while the system is out. So that is totally within the realm of the car itself.

PSA: With the Tesla systems outage, you need to double check that your car actually locks when you walk away from it. Mine did not and I had to tap the card on the B pillar to lock it.

The app on my iPhone XS got logged out.