Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to access Teslafi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just tried to to log in to Teslafi however I am getting the message displayed in the image, anyone else have the same problem? I have tried to access it through Google, Firefox and Safari all without success.
IMG_9521.jpg

Reactions: byeLT4
I have just tried to to log in to Teslafi however I am getting the message displayed in the image, anyone else have the same problem? I have tried to access it through Google, Firefox and Safari all without success.View attachment 706154
That’s a cloudflare message, for some reason you (your IP address) has triggered their rate limit rules. It’s working for me, so doesn’t appear to be a general issue, for now you should be fine if you can connect from a different source (maybe mobile data) and try again from your usual connection later.

That’s a cloudflare message, for some reason you (your IP address) has triggered their rate limit rules. It’s working for me, so doesn’t appear to be a general issue, for now you should be fine if you can connect from a different source (maybe mobile data) and try again from your usual connection later.
I have also tried with 4G on my iPhone, I can get to the login page but when I try to login it just clears the username and password boxes and asks me to type them in again. Any idea what could cause the rate limiting or what it means, is it something I have done?

Tesla made a change to the login method and a shift from Captcha to ReCaptcha which is blocking a lot of token generation for these sites. I reported it last night on the Teslamate thread where I picked it up on github (I'm a teslamate user). Seems quite a thorny change and some are debating how easy it will be to circumvent but there are some creative people put there. Tokens last for 4-6 weeks so its possible a matter of time when a token is needing to be refreshed and will run into the problem. It could be something entirely different, but it seems to much of a coincidence when others are starting to get the problem.

Tesla seem to be looking to kill any 3rd party use of their API

It was working fine at 4am but just got this message below before getting the same 'banned' message. Looks like the redirects are causing an issue.

Im just looking to see if its a known issue on TeslaFi as I have an alternative route in via General / TeslaFi - just opened a support ticket

1630998156242.png

Last edited: