Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to add payment method...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back to work this coming week and plan to use Supercharging periodically. When I try to add a payment method to my account it keeps complaining about an ‘invalid zip code’ and won’t let me proceed. Anyone else seen this?

The car is leased via Zenith if that makes any difference. I should have free supercharging for a year anyway, but thought I would avoid the risk of being stranded.

Back to work this coming week and plan to use Supercharging periodically. When I try to add a payment method to my account it keeps complaining about an ‘invalid zip code’ and won’t let me proceed. Anyone else seen this?

The car is leased via Zenith if that makes any difference. I should have free supercharging for a year anyway, but thought I would avoid the risk of being stranded.
I think you have to put a valid payment method in anyway. I had to put a valid method in. Wouldn't charge until I did. I too am leasing with Lex though as a company car. I didn't have any ptobs entering payment method in fact I didn't put my address in only the card details.

I think you have to put a valid payment method in anyway. I had to put a valid method in. Wouldn't charge until I did. I too am leasing with Lex though as a company car. I didn't have any ptobs entering payment method in fact I didn't put my address in only the card details.

Useful to know; thanks. It doesn't ask for the address, but has a "Billing Zip Code" field. I'll drop the support a line and see what they say (assuming I can find an email address/way to do it :)).

Got it! I needed to swap to United Kingdom using the menu bar (had no idea I was on the US site). At this point the form asked for my address details, and a post code rather than Zip code. You'd think Tesla could have worked this out from the car's country of residence, but hey-ho. Hopefully useful if anyone else finds themselves in the same situation.

I am all set to Supercharge!

I skipped the part where it prompted me for a card just after claiming my used Tesla, then I went back and added the card and it was a full form including address and it had correctly picked UK and prompted me for postcode

I think you still need a payment mechanism even with free charging because if you overstay your welcome at a charger they will bill you for idling fees.
There was a story recently about someone (in America of course) who had racked up huge idling fee bill and Tesla switched off his free-for-life supercharging until he paid it.