Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unable to calibrate touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our VDS (touchscreen) has gone wonky. Icons on the bottom right side of the screen are no longer accessible. When you press the screen a spot below and to the left of where you press is activated. So when on a drive screen I press the right arrow the home link is activated. I tried the touchscreen calibration but it fails and says service required. It is also a little tricky to get out of the endless loop that puts you in (hold your finger on the screen until in blanks and count to 30 before releasing). I pulled the connector on the VDS but that didn't work. I also pulled the connectors on the VMS but that failed to fix anything either. The Seatle service center has never heard of this problem before. Anyone have any suggestions before I order a new VDS?

Last I checked new ones were available from Tesla. But at 650 I decided I could live without it. I’m thinking it might just be some passive components on the board but I haven’t pulled it out to look since I first had the problem.

Reactions: driver_EV