Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable To Charge warning while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the most weird part about this whole issue when I had mine replaced was they told m e Y didn't share the same part (charge port) as model 3. bizarre to me but I'm not expert so I didn't care to spend the time to ask more. Been 400 miles since fix and all is good for what its worth to those waiting to be fixed.

• Informative
Reactions: tk1971
We just rolled our Model Y off the lot and this same error popped up a few blocks down the road. Returned it to the delivery shop and they cleared the error by doing some basic troubleshooting (they plugged in a charger)...of course, by the time we got home, the error was back on and now after 100 miles and lots of error message chirping, we have an appt with the shop to get it fixed next week. Will report the fix.

Update: fix seemed straight-forward. Shop says they "found charge port connection cover making intermittent contact." So "removed cover adjust contact plates to make better contact"

Will pick it up soon and report any follow up issues - sounds like its resolved.

As a side note, the shop was full and seemed VERY BUSY with a lot of other cars in - they had to keep ours overnight and finally got to it about 24 hours later. The app is very helpful for tracking all this.

• Informative
Reactions: Pilot1226
I got similar warning for my 2021 Model 3 (CCS) port while driving along a curvy road. Warning occured during a longer ride every time there were significant g forces to the sides (problem seemed to go away after some time parking (or was it the restart?)).

I googled and found this:

I checked if I can see anything out of ordinary there, didn't see but tried to press on the contacts nevertheless.

If problem persists, I will probably add some rubberband to apply constant torque on the connectors, maybe that will help.

If not, then I will take it to service (have to take ferry and cross country border) and report what they find. So long as you don't hear from me in this thread, consider issue resolved (hope this doesn't jinx me ;)) 👍