Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to dc fast charge, Error code chg_u015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I have a Dec2014 p85d. A little over a month ago at a super charger the car started to charge briefly and then stopped. Tried switching spots, all the same. A message came up "unable to dc fast charge, try ac charging". The AC charging does thankfully work. On the screen there is also a code: CHG_u015 . I spoke with Tesla support, they can see something is wrong, and I believe they pushed an update or patch of some sort, but the error remains. The car software was up to date prior to the error. I have a service appointment, but still another 3 weeks away. Anyone else have/had this error code? I have not been able to find that code online. The manual skips over that code. I have read similar threads and watched the video on the high voltage fuse replacements. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: BCCA
Today i had my car washed, first with a high pressure hose and then thruw the washstreet, imidiately after i went for a supercharge about 5 km further up the road. This all happend while i was on holliday in Portugal Albufeira (Today jun 10-2022) i hooked him on, nothing, changed to a second stall, nothing never give up changed to stall 3 nothing, reset the car plugged it in nothing, i thought mayby something wat was not supposed to get wet got wet anyway so i went for a drive about 15 km en then went back to the supercharger plugged it inand it started but after 20 sec it stopped again. got the cable out and put it back in and finally it worked 😅😅😅. Cannot fast charge because it was wet somewhere ?

Have you tried it again ?

Update : A friend fixed the CHG_u015f error.
All it needed was a dc-dc charger reset ( at least that's what he told me) - he connected to my car online
In my case it was a software glitch.
Also he calibrated the 12v battery and no more parasitic drain !! Before I was loosing 3-5% / 24 hours parked, now I loose 1 mile / 6 days parked