Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to delete on board sentry clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't delete an on board Sentry clip. I left Sentry on while getting a puncture repair, and the alarm went off, of course. I can download the clip to the dashcam USB, and delete it there, but it still stays in the on board storage. Any ideas?

I can't delete an on board Sentry clip. I left Sentry on while getting a puncture repair, and the alarm went off, of course. I can download the clip to the dashcam USB, and delete it there, but it still stays in the on board storage. Any ideas?
What harm is it doing?

Note
When the internal storage reaches full capacity, new recordings from Alert and Alarm events overwrite the older recordings.

But doesn't irk enough to use the search function? :)

That thread doesn't lead to any ways of removing it either. I've been searching for a way to get rid of one on mine and not coming up with anything.

That thread doesn't lead to any ways of removing it either. I've been searching for a way to get rid of one on mine and not coming up with anything.
You can't get rid of it. It'll only disappear when you overwrite with another video. From the linked thread:

Over the weekend a passing by Harley set off the alarm and they previous previous footage was overwritten. So I guess the onboard memory will always store the last alarm triggering event.