Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to disable alarm..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's late at night, and I don't have bug spray or the time to try lots of options as I'm mindful of neighbours and my alarm keeps going off.

How do I disable the alarm in my M3?

Sentry mode is disabled, but the I'm not able to toggle the slider to disable the security alarm.

I can disable the tilt alarm, but don't see that helps.

The online tesla manual suggests I just need to ensure sentry mode is disabled. Am. I. Missing something obvious...

It's late at night, and I don't have bug spray or the time to try lots of options as I'm mindful of neighbours and my alarm keeps going off.

How do I disable the alarm in my M3?

Sentry mode is disabled, but the I'm not able to toggle the slider to disable the security alarm.

I can disable the tilt alarm, but don't see that helps.

The online tesla manual suggests I just need to ensure sentry mode is disabled. Am. I. Missing something obvious...
AFAIK you can't totally disable the car alarm beyond the anti-tilt aspect. I would try a 2 button reboot and keep fingers crossed ...

After a further 2 visits to the car and alarm going off last night, she found and killed a month (sorry). Tlat that point, the rest of the night was alarm free.

That said, it's just gone off again tonight. I've found another moth myself and manged to get it out the car. Fingers crossed, it wasn't having a party with some friends....

Damn, these alarms do seem to be very sensative.

Tilt and Intrusion are the same system and turn off together:
The Security Alarm must be on to enable Tilt/Intrusion.

Tilt/Intrusion sounds the alarm in your vehicle if Model 3 detects motion inside the cabin, or is moved or tilted (for example, with a tow truck or jack). To enable, touch Controls > Safety > Tilt/Intrusion.

The intrusion sensor automatically disables in situations where the climate control system is operating when you leave your vehicle. To override, you can manually turn the Tilt/Intrusion Sensor on again after choosing Keep Climate On, Dog, or Camp Mode.

Note
If you plan to leave something that moves inside your locked vehicle, remember to turn off Tilt/Intrusion. If this setting is on, any motion detected inside Model 3 activates the intrusion alarm.

I'm on the ferry a lot.

You must trurn off sentry to disable tilt/intrusion. With sentry on the tilt/intrusion is greyed out and always on.
Yep, I get that and I've been there.

I was just responding to @up_north's comment that he/she thought it wasn't possible in a MY;

The tilt/intrusion setting should switch off the internal sensors. As you’ve said, you can’t completely disable the alarm. On my Y, the option to disable tilt/intrusion isn’t even there.

Reactions: init6 and Toblerone
This is the safety screen and from further up showing that Sentry is not on. This is 2022.16 but was the same on 2022.11

Attachments

• 6BCF74AF-10C2-4EB0-90FD-6BAC7B375509.jpeg
    6BCF74AF-10C2-4EB0-90FD-6BAC7B375509.jpeg
    960 KB · Views: 1,314
The rightmost screen is not where Sentry is permanently switched on/off* It should on the top half of the leftmost screen. as per this image:

sentry.jpg

What do you have at the top of the Safety page?

*You can switch Sentry on/off from the rightmost screen. but the status gets reset when next you drive. It resets to whatever you have on the Safety page.

You have Sentry mode ON, it is OFF on mine.
But is everything else the same? Only intrusion/tilt missing?

Is your Security Alarm greyed out or not? That also gets greyed out when Sentry is on as in @up_north's image.

It would be worth turning sentry mode on and then off again to see if that resets the status. Weird that is not showing though. Tilt/Intrusion is standard on European cars so 'should' be there. Wonder if there is a config mistake on your cars.