Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to disable alarm..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry is Off on the top part of the screen also. I’m aware that if it’s on then tilt/intrusion would be greater out as it was on my 3. But on the Y it’s not even there.
But do you see that the Security Alarm is also greyed out? That 'should' only happen if Sentry is on. Try turning it on and off again. Perhaps rebooting in the middle.

As above, I wonder if there is a config issue here.

But is everything else the same? Only intrusion/tilt missing?

Is your Security Alarm greyed out or not? That also gets greyed out when Sentry is on as in @up_north's image.

It would be worth turning sentry mode on and then off again to see if that resets the status. Weird that is not showing though. Tilt/Intrusion is standard on European cars so 'should' be there. Wonder if there is a config mistake on your cars.
I will get some pics tomorrow, but ours (on the Y) is the same as @up_north

It is definitely different than on our 3. And Security Alarm is greyed out, but I don't believe that has ever been able to be adjusted (based on on our 3). Are you certain you are able to shut off the alarm completely?

Because we never really have cause to disable the intrusion/tilt sensors, I am not concerned. I just wanted to post so @up_north knows they are not alone.

I concur, there is no option to disable tilt/intrusion. It simply doesn't exist, well on my Y anyway.
Sounds like a bug then. It's mentioned in the MY UK manual so should be there, and there is no reason why it wouldn't be an option on the MY.

Anyone with a Ryzen M3 have the option to disable tilt? - just to rule out a bug related to hardware versions rather than size of the bodywork.

Reactions: init6
Looks like a software update circa April removed the option:

Reactions: MrT3
But do you see that the Security Alarm is also greyed out? That 'should' only happen if Sentry is on. Try turning it on and off again. Perhaps rebooting in the middle.

As above, I wonder if there is a config issue here.
I don’t think you’re right there. The security alarm setting is ALWAYS greyed out. It always was in the two years I had my 3. You could never disable the alarm as a whole, only the tilt/ intrusion setting and as you said, only when Sentry was not active.

I don’t think you’re right there. The security alarm setting is ALWAYS greyed out. It always was in the two years I had my 3. You could never disable the alarm as a whole, only the tilt/ intrusion setting and as you said, only when Sentry was not active.
You could be right - it's not something I've ever needed to do. I was just going by the manual:
To manually enable or disable the alarm system, touch Controls > Safety > Security Alarm. When enabled, Model Y activates its alarm one minute after you exit, the doors lock, and a recognized key is no longer detected.
Note
If Model Y is in Sentry Mode (see Using Sentry Mode), you must disable Sentry Mode before you can disable the Security alarm or the Tilt/Intrusion alarm.
A dare say we wouldn't be having this conversation if the manual was correct though :)

Try the 2022.20.5 update for Israel
"This feature only applies to Israel. Sentry Mode has been added with some minor modifications to support local laws (no sound when the alarm sounds). If you already have Sentry Mode, it will continue to be available as it was before." 😅