Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to disable sentry mode at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy all...I'm unable to disable sentry mode while at home, for some reason. After years of the feature working perfectly at home, both the Model X and the Model 3 started enabling sentry mode while in the garage, every time. This started happening about a month ago. If you enter the car in the garage, while sentry mode is auto-on, I can see that "disable at home" is selected, along with disable on favorites. If you toggle this selection off and back on, sentry mode turns off, so it knows it's at home. Again, toggling the "disable at home" off and on again disables it while parked at home. I've cleared the map data, reset the home address, deleted the phone app and reinstalled it, set "Home" also as favorites...I'm stumped. I'm not doing anything different than I was doing for the last 4 years or so (or however long sentry mode has been out).

2017 model X, 2018 model 3, both on FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20. Thank you in advance.

Problem solved. it was not Tesla’s fault at all. Teslafi apparently had an option to “enable sentry mode at untagged locations,” and fo some reason they did some update that untagged my home as a designated location, ergo, Teslafi was enabling sentry mode in both Teslas. mea culpa. thanks everyone for the help! I feel silly.

Howdy all...I'm unable to disable sentry mode while at home, for some reason. After years of the feature working perfectly at home, both the Model X and the Model 3 started enabling sentry mode while in the garage, every time. This started happening about a month ago. If you enter the car in the garage, while sentry mode is auto-on, I can see that "disable at home" is selected, along with disable on favorites. If you toggle this selection off and back on, sentry mode turns off, so it knows it's at home. Again, toggling the "disable at home" off and on again disables it while parked at home. I've cleared the map data, reset the home address, deleted the phone app and reinstalled it, set "Home" also as favorites...I'm stumped. I'm not doing anything different than I was doing for the last 4 years or so (or however long sentry mode has been out).

2017 model X, 2018 model 3, both on FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Tezzie