Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to download latest firmware, car can’t find wifi networks, new issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: Apparently I did not do the Power Off properly. You MUST sit in the car with the door closed for 2-3 minutes before applying the brake. Once I did this it magically worked. Strange...

I asked (thru the chat) about performing a Factory Reset. He said only if told to do so by Tesla.

This has happened to me with the last two updates. Wifi would act all flaky and it would say connect to wifi even though I was connected. Both times I opened a service appointment for software updates and they were able to re-push the updates to the car without having to dispatch the mobile tech. It went through after the pushes though.

Reactions: DeanP
I know this is the Model 3 forum but we have this issue on a new Model Y that we took delivery of yesterday. We've never had this issue on any of our previous Teslas, including the Model Y that was delivered in March. We've tried to connect the new Y to three different wifi networks and always get the "Unable to obtain IP address. Please check DHCP server settings."

We've tried multiple reboots and will try what @DeanP suggested next, unless Tesla support fixes it remotely before then.

I know this is the Model 3 forum but we have this issue on a new Model Y that we took delivery of yesterday. We've never had this issue on any of our previous Teslas, including the Model Y that was delivered in March. We've tried to connect the new Y to three different wifi networks and always get the "Unable to obtain IP address. Please check DHCP server settings."

We've tried multiple reboots and will try what @DeanP suggested next, unless Tesla support fixes it remotely before then.
We did some more testing and found the car does connect to WiFi. The browser, streaming, Netflix, etc. all work fine. The only thing that doesn't work is that the car can't connect to download the firmware update. It's like the car isn't authorized on Tesla's network or something.