Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to drive - Authentication required alerts every hour/two hours?

Wratran

Feb 17, 2019
Dallas
Why would you keep passive entry off?...isn’t this a convenience item...walk up door open...walk away door locks...

no chance of forgetting to lock or pull the key fob out

swt2c

Jan 31, 2021
USA
Why would you keep passive entry off?...isn’t this a convenience item...walk up door open...walk away door locks...

no chance of forgetting to lock or pull the key fob out

For example, I don't want the car to unlock if I'm just walking by it in the driveway. I never forget to lock. OCD. :)

rickyjb

Apr 30, 2017
united kingdom
[QUOTE = "Wratran, post: 5331836, member: 96610"] Why would you keep passive entry off? ... isn't this a convenience item ... walk up door open ... walk away door locks ...

no chance of forgetting to lock or pull the key fob out [/ QUOTE]

Theft prevention here in the UK along with pin to drive. Stops the key fob relay attacks that are quite popular in the EU.

Wratran

Feb 17, 2019
Dallas
[QUOTE = "Wratran, post: 5331836, member: 96610"] Why would you keep passive entry off? ... isn't this a convenience item ... walk up door open ... walk away door locks ...

no chance of forgetting to lock or pull the key fob out [/ QUOTE]

Theft prevention here in the UK along with pin to drive. Stops the key fob relay attacks that are quite popular in the EU.
That make sense...I thought Tesla update the key fob firmware to combat relay attacks

Reactions: rickyjb

rickyjb

Apr 30, 2017
united kingdom
That make sense...I thought Tesla update the key fob firmware to combat relay attacks

Yep they have a update for the new V2 key fobs . It wouldn't let me update my v1 fob . Although I think this was done to combat key fob cloning , not sure if it has any impact on the relay attacks.

KalJoMoS

Aug 11, 2019
EETN, EST
That car menu can only update v2 fobs, you need to change your v1’s to v2 at Tesla SeC. It costs app. €141.- plus taxes for one fob. Back to the subject, it still does something odd if not in use, here is another example - car not used since 12:48

32B75DF5-B2BA-405A-A885-E11F80ECBB08.jpeg

KalJoMoS

Aug 11, 2019
EETN, EST
This what I found out yesterday, car was charging on UMC and I was away. These intermediate notifications has been always around but I had nothing to connect to the event, except dodgy wall plug. At my workplace they are with the mechanical timer that user can set on-and-off times. So perhaps there was some faults on the dial... But now here are some other events that occur only if car is not in use. For @airborne spoon I believe your AP failure is not in connection of the PS issue you had. As on the notifications page it warns me one time I start to drive and then next time nothing...
710E13D4-3123-4253-B36A-82AD6195339D.jpeg

EEAD9645-CC6B-4D76-83C8-F2D5990D8BA6.jpeg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC