Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to drive with new iPhone 12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an iPhone 12. Every time I try to shift into reverse or drive from park I have to use the contact card. I paired the phone many times and the same problem persists. My previous phone was a Pixel 4a. I didn't have this problem with that phone. I did delete the Pixel 4a, so the only connected phone is the iPhone 12.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I just got an iPhone 12. Every time I try to shift into reverse or drive from park I have to use the contact card. I paired the phone many times and the same problem persists. My previous phone was a Pixel 4a. I didn't have this problem with that phone. I did delete the Pixel 4a, so the only connected phone is the iPhone 12.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as pairing, but Bluetooth pairing will not enable your digital key. You need to add the new iPhone as a digital key. In the Tesla app select Phone Key and press Start.

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk and sduck