Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to drive with new iPhone 12

overma07

Sep 18, 2018
Phoenix
I just got an iPhone 12. Every time I try to shift into reverse or drive from park I have to use the contact card. I paired the phone many times and the same problem persists. My previous phone was a Pixel 4a. I didn't have this problem with that phone. I did delete the Pixel 4a, so the only connected phone is the iPhone 12.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

JPP

Feb 4, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Try deleting and reinstalling Tesla app on iPhone 12, and also deleting and re-pairing iPhone to the Model 3 locks & keys and also the Model 3 Bluetooth.

Silver Rocket

Aug 21, 2018
SoCal
I just got an iPhone 12. Every time I try to shift into reverse or drive from park I have to use the contact card. I paired the phone many times and the same problem persists. My previous phone was a Pixel 4a. I didn't have this problem with that phone. I did delete the Pixel 4a, so the only connected phone is the iPhone 12.

Silver Rocket

Aug 21, 2018
SoCal
Did you make the 12 a key? On the app it asks if you want to. I have 12 pro on Verizon and the key works fine but can’t connect to Bluetooth.

araxara

S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD
May 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as pairing, but Bluetooth pairing will not enable your digital key. You need to add the new iPhone as a digital key. In the Tesla app select Phone Key and press Start.

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk and sduck

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC