Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to get a Service Appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm can't get a Service Appointment...

Tesla must be quite busy handling new car issues...

The last time I spoke w/ a rep, they said they were 4 weeks out w/ bookings...

Someone was supposed to call me back to schedule.. but nothing for 2 weeks.

I can't even get an appointment to handle my existing new car warranty issues...

Just tried calling the Service Dept at 2 different So Cal locations... nobody answers the phone... and they ask that you leave a message.

I've tried emailing corporate directly and all they say is that they'll forward the request to a local service center.

Tesla service continues to..... S@#$@^^

Last two appointments I had was 3-4wks out. Seems like the norm in So. Cal. And forget about getting a Tesla rental, they ended up giving me a small suv last time from enterprise rental and I had to put gas in it because it was almost empty. They did reimbursed me for the gas, 3 months later.

I've had delivery issues that had to be handled...

...and now new warranty issues I need to handle.

I hate the idea of bringing my car back in, they tend to "break" things, while sitting in service.

Sales and service guys always repeat the same line..." Please bare with us.. we're growing very rapidly...."

I've even heard some sales reps intimate that things will get better once the Model 3 is released... hm...

I think not... But hope springs eternal...

I always feel bad for the posters when I read about these sorts of things but also lucky to have the Salt Lake City service center as the one I use.

Not that I've had to go that often but when I have they've always got me in within a few days and in one case I rang and they said, just come on in now.

'Course I do wonder once the 3s are out (I heard Utah has the highest per capita orders for the 3) that things may change.

Once Model 3 rolls out, things will change. Your service center is how my service center used to be like. Until every tom dick and harry around me started to buy Teslas. The service center and superchargers have NOT kept up with sales, and with Model 3, it'll be exponentially worse.

I think SLC is at least trying. They've gone from their original location with a dingle bay to their new building one with 10+. And they tell me they've hired 8 new service people.

Fingers crossed! :)

Highland Park has been excellent for me. Top notch. I doubt Model 3 will affect things that much given they are a simpler design. The S and X were designed with part failures baked in. Model 3 should be a lot more robust and far easier to fix.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka
Same boat here, I called tesla service center on Thursday and no one picked up the phone, left a message with all the info about the problem my phone number vin etc, and asking for a call back. Called again Friday and left a message again... If I am forced to leave a message with service I expect a call back at the end of THE SAME DAY or FIRST THING the next morning...

Will they ever call me back? Unknown but I will be stopping by directly to speak to a manager about this Monday!

I've had delivery issues that had to be handled...
I hate the idea of bringing my car back in, they tend to "break" things, while sitting in service.

Will they ever call me back? Unknown but I will be stopping by directly to speak to a manager about this Monday!

Which LA location are you guys using? I use Centinela and encounter great support. Other than initial delivery fixes and three blown tires, I've not needed any serious work. Typically, I just email them for an appointment and they call me back with options, followed by email confirmation and pre appointment reminder.

FWIW, Centinela has acquired additional footage down the road and expanding the service and delivery center significantly. Not sure of the ETA, but it's good to see the investment in service to support the onslaught of cars they continue to sell.

Highland Park has been excellent for me. Top notch. I doubt Model 3 will affect things that much given they are a simpler design. The S and X were designed with part failures baked in. Model 3 should be a lot more robust and far easier to fix.

The fewer moving parts in an EV story, remember that? Trust me, there is plenty that can go wrong on Model 3 also - and it will. Given how rushed up the production has been, do you REALLY think it'll be perfect the day it leaves the door?

I think SLC is at least trying. They've gone from their original location with a dingle bay to their new building one with 10+. And they tell me they've hired 8 new service people.

Fingers crossed! :)

The people in my local service center are super busy. I don't think it is the service center that isn't "trying". It is corporate that hasn't prioritized service centers because their eyes are fixated on sales. Unfortunately the more you sell esp. cars with issues, the more service centers you'll need.

When Model 3 was announced Elon promised that they would 4x the service chargers and 2x the service centers. Hasn't happened. Another Elon promise I guess. Reality is, the # of Tesla's on the road will quadruple, so 2x service centers (which we didn't get) was already short of what we really need! :)

Reactions: William3 and mmd
Same set of issues now that have been going on for YEARS... Yet we keep hearing from Tesla that everything is fine, or insert excuse here...

While I think Tesla has done "OKAY" with the supercharger rollout, the same absolutely can't be said for service... This is only going to get worse unless Tesla has a ton of service center locations well into the planning phase which I highly doubt...

Jeff

Same problem in SWFL.

TM could care less about Naples. Sales only. Service ... round trip to Dania or Tampa and both SC's are staffed by incredibly nice, hands tied behind their backs, people.
(Who are clueless, it seems, as to the inner workings of the car.)

I dread the next time I need service. I am still trying to get faulty parts repaired!!!
As other posters say, when you take your car in, it comes out with more problems than when it went in.

And if your car has more than 50,000m, GOOD LUCK. As others have stated ... 3 months or more to get refunds; fighting to get refunds from overcharges for multiple deductibles for the same symptoms.
In the early days I would bend over backwards to recommend the brand.

I still love my car.

But I cannot recommend it for > 50,000 miles and I cannot recommend it in this area where there is NO service within 130 miles. And way below par when you do drive the miles.

And whenever I hear about new announcements. like Model 3, trucks, whatever it is ... all I can scream is FOCUS ... fix your existing [expletive deleted] Elon!!!

Reactions: William3 and sorka
While I think Tesla has done "OKAY" with the supercharger rollout, the same absolutely can't be said for service... This is only going to get worse unless Tesla has a ton of service center locations well into the planning phase which I highly doubt...

The more I think of it, Elon's game is to keep inflating the stock price - whatever it takes.
Today the stock market cares about ONE THING and that is number of cars sold, i.e. SALES!
Service, customer satisfaction etc. are footnotes at best. And Tesla has metrics to prove that their customer satisfaction and loyalty and service are all top notch.

4 years ago, it was an amazing EV with very few moving parts and spectacular service.
2 years ago, it was autopilot
1 year ago and now, it is FSD and AP2 and Model 3.

... meanwhile service has tanked.
... meanwhile federal tax credits are getting close to expiring

so,
2 years from now, it'll all be batteries and solar.

As far as you with an out of warranty Model S, suckers!
Just thank yourself that you didn't get a Model X with those crazy front doors.

Reactions: xborg and EVSteve
I'm can't get a Service Appointment...

Tesla must be quite busy handling new car issues...

The last time I spoke w/ a rep, they said they were 4 weeks out w/ bookings...

Someone was supposed to call me back to schedule.. but nothing for 2 weeks.

I can't even get an appointment to handle my existing new car warranty issues...

Just tried calling the Service Dept at 2 different So Cal locations... nobody answers the phone... and they ask that you leave a message.

I've tried emailing corporate directly and all they say is that they'll forward the request to a local service center.

Tesla service continues to..... S@#$@^^

Agree. The Costa Mesa Service Center is terrible. They don't return calls and its difficult to schedule an appointment. The last appointment I had, I left the car there for four days during a trip and when I returned from the trip they had not even started working on any of the issues. I needed the car so I just took it. I spoke with the service manager and told her how disappointed I was that they had done nothing and she gave some excuses as to why they were so behind. She promised to call me to set up an appointment after she had some answers as to one of the issues. She NEVER called me back.

• Informative
Reactions: William3