Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to get Passenger Airbag Indicator from Off to On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my Mod X100D, I’m currently unable to switch the Passenger Airbag from Off to Auto or On. This occurred 1 day after the latest SW-update (possibly random!?). I got a Warning indicator that the front seat Passenger Airbag was Off. For a couple of days, it was possible to access the appropriate Auto/Off toggle switch, but not enable Auto. Just “Off” (now greyed out).

I have scheduled a Service next week where Tesla may investigate whether this is a real problem with the Airbag or not. Resetting by pressing the two thumb roller buttons on the wheel didn’t make a difference either. Anyone with a similar issue recently?

Nope. Still either in «Off» status when no one occupies the front passenger seat. Toggles to “On” status, when someone is sitting there.

I’m on the latest SW-version 2019: 32.2.2 da05838 (possibly there are patch differences between X and Model 3). Assume the passenger Air-bag is operational if (knock on wood) it should be needed. When “Auto” is enabled, it is my understanding that neither “On nor Off” warning should be displayed.