Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Get Service for MAJOR problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you have had to close the software update ready to install window when you first get in during this seat issue? Or did that window not even come up anymore?
If the software fails does the window to install disappear for a long time?

After it fails 3 or 4 times, it just stops asking all together. The first time this happened, I had to take it to the service center to get the updates.

And through the end of the month, Musk has mobilized everyone possible to help deliver as many vehicles as they can before the end of the quarter - which may impact service quality if staff has been diverted to support deliveries. Tesla has always gone through the quarterly delivery push, though there is more urgency this time because they missed their numbers last quarter - and need to re-establish profitability. When Musk tried to take the company private, part of the reason was to eliminate the quarterly reporting - and this artificial push for deliveries every 3 months.
Tesla pushes at the end of quarter only because of Elon Musk's total mismanagement of his production and supply chain.

I am two years into a 3 year lease of a Model S. My driver's seat intermittently stops working preventing software updates. I have brought it in 3 times. Still broken. Screen yellowing. Drivers door handle stuck out. The charge port cover requires a credit card to jimmy open. And now my front motor is making a really not good sound. I cannot call anyone, no matter what zip code I put in on the website, it wants to send me to Lancaster, PA (100 miles away) and the live chat never responds. There is no longer a phone # to call and I'm exhausted. The last time I just showed up to the service center, they had the car while I drove some POS Audi for a week and "fixed" the seat but now it's happening again.

This is outrageous. I talked to my lawyer and I thinking about potentially forming a class with other owners that have had similar experiences.

What the hell else can I do?!
Class action lawsuit is your best bet. It seems to be the only thing which gets Tesla's *attention*. That or a really big negative article in major media, but weirdly it's been impossible to get the media to report on the customer service problems.

You shouldn't have to file a federal lawsuit just to get their attention, but the last six years says, that's what you need to do.

As a Tesla stockholder, I encourage you to file that class action lawsuit.
It may be the only way to wake up Tesla management to their major, horrific customer service problems, and they need to fix those problems for the company to thrive over the long term.

Last edited:
As a long-time Tesla owner (since Jan 2013), overall we've had a good experience with Tesla service on our 3 Tesla vehicles.

This year, Tesla is implementing multiple changes to reduce the amount of time their staff spend to support each vehicle, better positioning them to more rapidly expand capacity as the number of vehicles sold continues to increase, and we should expect some rough spots during this transition until they get this all worked out.
Suuuuuuuuure. This is BS. Complete total BS.

Phone access to the service centers is being replaced with the smartphone/online apps for scheduling appointments, and in-service status updates sent to your phone.

There is no way to make an appointment now. Period. Try to make an appointment in Henrietta, NY.

Tesla continues to have strong customer loyalty - because they built vehicles the owners enjoy driving coupled with good service experiences.
BS.

What we've seen over the last few months is an exception
I've been a Tesla owner for 6 years. What we've seen is worse than before, but it was always bad, and bad in the same way. Tesla's just getting worse.

I am two years into a 3 year lease of a Model S. My driver's seat intermittently stops working preventing software updates. I have brought it in 3 times. Still broken. Screen yellowing. Drivers door handle stuck out. The charge port cover requires a credit card to jimmy open. And now my front motor is making a really not good sound. I cannot call anyone, no matter what zip code I put in on the website, it wants to send me to Lancaster, PA (100 miles away) and the live chat never responds. There is no longer a phone # to call and I'm exhausted. The last time I just showed up to the service center, they had the car while I drove some POS Audi for a week and "fixed" the seat but now it's happening again.

This is outrageous. I talked to my lawyer and I thinking about potentially forming a class with other owners that have had similar experiences.

What the hell else can I do?!
I'm in the same boat. Can't get through to a live person. They're not communicating. Car doesn't work. Scheduled mobile visit but they didn't show. Chatted with them but they were worse than useless.

Console is dead or something.

It's been a week with no AC, no radio, no navigation. At this point my 1992 pick-up truck is a better ride.

2 disagrees which mean at least 2 people on TMC have no sense of humor. Lighten up guys.

With all the pokes people take at Tesla on here, some valid, some not, it's a bit unrealistic to expect people to know who is kidding and who isn't. I mean I don't know you or what your position is regarding Tesla. What was my clue you were j/k?

Regardless, no blood, foul.
:)

As a Tesla stockholder, I encourage you to file that class action lawsuit. It may be the only way to wake up Tesla management to their major, horrific customer service problems, and they need to fix those problems for the company to thrive over the long term.
Well it seems like we see nearly every week another person from the top of the Tesla tree leaving, from the outside looking in it is pretty obvious where the main problem is. I own a Tesla and TSLA, I should have sold my shares with the Saudi investor announcement that never came to be.